Training backup?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to
How backed up is Republic with their training? Last I heard was to not expect a class date until the Fall.
That’s what I was told and had an interview date of 12/18. I followed up a few days ago and there is no update at this time.
They’re not taking classes till Nov/Dec 2019. It’s not a training backup, they’ve met their hiring needs.
Republic is definitely one of the better regionals, but why would anyone wait almost a year to get on the seniority list? That much seniority is more important then pay IMHO. If the economy tanks, you’re flight instructing forever.
Republic overhired in anticipation of getting additional flying, which ExpressJet got instead. Bedford keeps saying there’s a ton of flying coming up for bid, but we won’t be getting that flying either.

There were only 8 FO vacancies posted for June, all of which were for PIT.
Quote: Republic overhired in anticipation of getting additional flying, which ExpressJet got instead. Bedford keeps saying there’s a ton of flying coming up for bid, but we won’t be getting that flying either.

They’re still looking for flying, but if they don’t get any flying this year, then it will be very long reserve times for new hires.
Quote: Republic overhired in anticipation of getting additional flying, which ExpressJet got instead. Bedford keeps saying there’s a ton of flying coming up for bid, but we won’t be getting that flying either.

To your second sentence, you don’t know that. No one does.

The 8 vacancies are because we aren’t running new hire classes in Feb or Mar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: They’re still looking for flying, but if they don’t get any flying this year, then it will be very long reserve times for new hires.

This for sure! By the time the December hires are on the line, by my estimate, sometime around June/July we will be over staffed by something like 400-500 pilots. We could immediately accept 40-50 airplanes.

Quote: This for sure! By the time the December hires are on the line, by my estimate, sometime around June/July we will be over staffed by something like 400-500 pilots. We could immediately accept 40-50 airplanes.

What would be your best guess estimate on reserve times if you’re projected to complete IOE around May? IND based.
Quote: What would be your best guess estimate on reserve times if you’re projected to complete IOE around May? IND based.
No one really knows the answer to your question. Reserve times change depending on time of year and staffing. IND is a very big base, and more senior then the east coast bases. If you live in base reserve isn’t too bad, but commuting makes it horrendous. Currently it’s about 7 months to hold a line in IND.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to