C-12 Qual help a rotor guy?

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
does RW time count?
I’m former Part 121 2700 multi-turbine, 650 multi- turbine PIC. Currently multi-turbine PIC Part 135 Helicopter.

Do DAL, AA, or UA count RW time towards the 1000 TPIC time requirement?
Quote: I’m former Part 121 2700 multi-turbine, 650 multi- turbine PIC. Currently multi-turbine PIC Part 135 Helicopter.

Do DAL, AA, or UA count RW time towards the 1000 TPIC time requirement?
Their web sites should give the definitive answer.

But I thought they all got rid of the TPIC requirement so they could hire woke, hip, young regional FO's before they turned 26? Unless it came back post covid?
Quote: Their web sites should give the definitive answer.

But I thought they all got rid of the TPIC requirement so they could hire woke, hip, young regional FO's before they turned 26? Unless it came back post covid?
+1. There's the published "requirements" and then there's what they prefer and what is currently competitive depending on the candidate. Every large public company in North America is terrified of the negative publicity and stock devaluation the next time a journalist or a twitter/instagram/tiktok personality targets their specific workforce diversity in an article or a social media rant. So, some don't require TPIC but they "prefer" it and that allows them to cherry pick candidates.

FedEx states: "1000 hours PIC in jet aircraft is preferred; multi-engine turbo-prop aircraft, 12,500 pounds or greater; certain single engine turbo-prop aircraft, or combination thereof. A minimum of 500 hours PIC as described is required." So, 500 hours in a 172 should do if you have certain other attributes, but otherwise, realistically, a few thousand hours TPIC for the rest of us.
Get the answer for Delta from the Delta Pilot Recruiting Facebook page. They’re responsive and they’re the people that will be the ones looking at your app.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to