GoJet to fly CRJ 550’s

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 5 of 7
Go to
Quote: This isn’t a 50-seat aircraft though, I don’t care what anyone says. If the union lets the company get away with paying 50-seat rates for this plane, that is a HUGE concession, which is setting precedent for other pilots to get ****ed over.

That's what Hojetters excel at...
Quote: Didn't want a different pay scale for the 900s and now want another one for the 50 seaters? I hope Teamsters puts their feet down. It's the same freaking airplane.
Tee hee! Tee hee!
Foot down!!
Hell hath blown over....
Quote: It is pretty clear that they are converting 50 airframes in the announcement. They will be considered new aircraft after the recertification (but they start with a used airframe).
I used to work at Boeing they would modify existing engineering designs to create new or revised models like -500 or -600 stretched versions of the original.

I’m still thinking they are using the airframe design and revamping the interior not gutting an existing CRJ 700 and rebuilding it. I lean towards believing the CRJ 550 will roll out factory fresh. But what the heck do I know
Quote: I used to work at Boeing they would modify existing engineering designs to create new or revised models like -500 or -600 stretched versions of the original.

I’m still thinking they are using the airframe design and revamping the interior not gutting an existing CRJ 700 and rebuilding it. I lean towards believing the CRJ 550 will roll out factory fresh. But what the heck do I know
The quotes are out there in the trade papers if you look. 25 GoJet and 25 from a different regional are being converted.

This is lowering the weights and a new interior. For the pilot, it will be a new set of limitations to learn.
GoJet has 25 of the 50, Mesa has 20... does that mean one of them is acquiring 5 more? SkyWest is the only other source.
Quote: GoJet has 25 of the 50, Mesa has 20... does that mean one of them is acquiring 5 more? SkyWest is the only other source.
Assuming the other 25 are flying under United colors. SkyWest’s 19 were extended to 2023 as a precursor to the Xjet deal. Aren’t there 700’s parked in the desert around Tuscon?
Quote: Assuming the other 25 are flying under United colors. SkyWest’s 19 were extended to 2023 as a precursor to the Xjet deal. Aren’t there 700’s parked in the desert around Tuscon?
Yes there are some parked in the desert.
Quote: Didn't want a different pay scale for the 900s and now want another one for the 50 seaters? I hope Teamsters puts their feet down. It's the same freaking airplane.
Here's what I don't get. Aren't Teamsters supposed to break people's legs when they don't get what they want? Why doesn't that apply here?
Quote: GoJet has 25 of the 50, Mesa has 20... does that mean one of them is acquiring 5 more? SkyWest is the only other source.
Mesa also owns 10 of theirs so the idea that you are getting 20 is absurd.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 5 of 7
Go to