Seattle Area CFI Jobs

Subscribe
Hello all,

I recently completed my CFI and will be moving to the Seattle area within the next year. I am curious if anyone has first hand info on being a CFI in the Seattle/Tacoma area?

Specifically, I’m looking for info on QOL, best schools to look at, and pay as a full time or part time CFI.

Thanks.
Quote: Hello all,

I recently completed my CFI and will be moving to the Seattle area within the next year. I am curious if anyone has first hand info on being a CFI in the Seattle/Tacoma area?

Specifically, I’m looking for info on QOL, best schools to look at, and pay as a full time or part time CFI.

Thanks.
Where are you thinking about living?
Gig Harbor. I was looking at the Tacoma Narrows Airport. Or is it worth it to make the commute to Boeing Field?
Quote: Gig Harbor. I was looking at the Tacoma Narrows Airport. Or is it worth it to make the commute to Boeing Field?
TIW averages 146 aircraft movements a day during the hours of tower operation. KBFI averages 504. Last time I was in to KTIW it had a couple of FBOs but unless you were a CFI with the ATP branch there it really didn’t look like anyone was seeing a lot of student flying.

If you can live up around PAE the guys at Regal (among others) seem to get a lot more hours. But don’t plan on living in Gig Harbor and working at Paine. I can think of no worse commute in the nation.

https://www.regalair.com/home/employ...ht-instructor/
Quote: Gig Harbor. I was looking at the Tacoma Narrows Airport. Or is it worth it to make the commute to Boeing Field?
PAVCO is a solid school with a decent bit of business. Otherwise, I personally would try to get to Rainier Flight Service At KRNT. Last summer they had like a 200 person waitlist. Great planes, great people, and great airport!
As far as TIW there is also ATP on the field could look into them too
Quote: As far as TIW there is also ATP on the field could look into them too
Two of the CFIs at the place I rent from used to work at the TIW atp and both absolutely hated it