Big DC meeting didn’t go well?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to
For the last 6 months everyone has said growth is coming... did you all find out it’s not?
The current official word here is growth plans had to be delayed from 4th quarter 2018 to 4th quarter 2019. The optimism/pessimism meter has certainly been moving away from optimism more lately but there has not been any official announcement of where to expect the growth nor where to expect it from so it should all be buyer beware basing any decisions here on expected growth.
That’s the old rumor.
Quote: That’s the old rumor.
What’s the new one?
Quote: What’s the new one?
“Allegedly” the growth rumor is potentially not when but if
Quote: “Allegedly” the growth rumor is potentially not when but if
In recurrent they made it very clear that it was "if".
Quote: In recurrent they made it very clear that it was "if".
How did they say this? What happened?
Quote: How did they say this? What happened?
When I was at recurrent in early January, Management said something that there’s like a dozen different scenarios lined up on the future of DCI. Knowing Delta, they’ve changed their minds like 10000 times over the last year about how to proceed. They’re probably on scenerio number 4 which is merge everyone into 3 airlines and no growth for us Or whatever. Next month it could be scenerio 9 and we will be getting 40 175s and a SLC base. It’s just a wait and see until they formally announce something. That’s my 2 cents. I’m sure the rumor mill will be going nuts over summer.
The naked truth is this. Skywest has a very cheap cost basis, especially with modular rate structure they offer delta for many cities out west. Mod rates change under variable conditions. What’s this mean? It means they don’t have a CPA and it’s much cheaper. That plus they fly the better plane makes 9E growth questionable during inflation, market volatility and higher fuel prices. Then there’s the A220 which changes the game completely. This thing burns 1600 a side fully loaded at Mach 0.79 at FL400. Short runways and steep approach angles. Delta may be in their 10,000th mind change, but doing the math, growth at 9E makes no bloody sense.
Quote: That’s my 2 cents. I’m sure the rumor mill will be going nuts over summer.
You're 2 cents is dead right. The only thing I'd add to you and turkey is that of the dozen scenarios the management at EDV chooses to talk up the one that's best for us and pretends it's a forgone conclusion we're gonna get anything. I don't think that makes them bad people, but the rah-rah cheerleading culture gets very old very fast when you admit for the 4x in 3 years that we as a company don't know what's going on.
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to