Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

FlyExclusive

Old 08-05-2019, 12:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by Beeman68 View Post
What the lastest and greatest at Exclusive? Fall hiring and class dates ect....
Also, what is the FO work schedule? I have read it's 8/6. Also, read it's 10/5.

TIA
Old 08-05-2019, 01:17 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2018
Position: Row 1
Talking

Originally Posted by captfred View Post
That is an outstanding post. It covers all the bases and contains some sage advice.
Thank you Fred for the compliment.

Fortunately or maybe unfortunately, been there, seen it, done it, made ALL the MISTAKES, got the polo-shirts, beanies and the stickers. Our airline hiring is so prolific right now it is pretty silly to go to a bottom feeder 135 ↑ unless of course you fit right in....

Every day not at a regional you lose Seniority position and as you know that is the King in the airline world, not whether your name is Aaron Aardvark or Aaron B. Aardvark born one day earlier when competing for upgrade to the next not so small puddle jumper.

The regionals are really hurting for pilots and some of the really good mid-spec US airlines like JetBlue, Southwest, Spirit that do treat people well will hire from there first not from Catfish airways.

Have a good week
Old 08-05-2019, 04:23 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Talking Totally agree... LOL!

Originally Posted by cannotdupilcate View Post
Thank you Fred for the compliment.

Fortunately or maybe unfortunately, been there, seen it, done it, made ALL the MISTAKES, got the polo-shirts, beanies and the stickers. Our airline hiring is so prolific right now it is pretty silly to go to a bottom feeder 135 ↑ unless of course you fit right in....

Every day not at a regional you lose Seniority position and as you know that is the King in the airline world, not whether your name is Aaron Aardvark or Aaron B. Aardvark born one day earlier when competing for upgrade to the next not so small puddle jumper.

The regionals are really hurting for pilots and some of the really good mid-spec US airlines like JetBlue, Southwest, Spirit that do treat people well will hire from there first not from Catfish airways.

Have a good week
I totally agree with you because in the last few months, some of our flyExclusive alumni have moved directly to FedEx, JetBlue, Spirit, etc. More importantly, we have new hires and applicants, including Academy grads and retireees from every Legacy and Legacy Cargo carrier. Again, we have former fighter pilots, Academy grads, MEC Chairmen, etc who are staying. I dunno, but that isn’t too bad for a 4.3 year-old Company.

I also agree that it is an amazing time to be a pilot and that the opportunities are amazing these days. I’ll even agree that MOST pilots under 50 seriously should consider the numbers when deciding on a Regional or not, with all the bonuses and flow programs going on now.

For me, however, the Regionals, LCC’s, and Majors are not an option..
While I am in the unusual situation of having a Wife whose pay trajectory exceeds that of any Legacy or Legacy Cargo carrier, I am not the only pilot that isn’t trying to leave here. Although I come from a non-Regional Part 121 and 91K background, leaving here for a 121 carrier would require me to be gone more and be home with my 14 year-old less, leaving my Wife unable to do her job. This would result in less money for my family, albeit satisfying my vanities by allowing me to be flying bigger equipment. flyExclusive fits us perfectly, allowing pilots to be bicoastal and commute out of places that other 135’s and 91K’s, and especially Regionals and Majors never would.

We have been growing rapidly, adding pilots and aircraft, and have more classes scheduled for late August and late September. Our pilot group is pushing closer to 200, than 150 pilots, and we are hiring continues to outpace attrition greatly.

I have said it before and will say it again, flyExclusive is a great place to work. I am a non-attorney, non-paid spokesman

Last edited by B727DRVR; 08-05-2019 at 04:41 PM.
Old 08-05-2019, 04:36 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006

Tell me how great the 121 world is after the upcoming recession.
Old 08-05-2019, 04:54 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2012
Position: Beach Chair

Originally Posted by Three Green View Post
Tell me how great the 121 world is after the upcoming recession.
I would put my bet on the 121 world during an economic downturn before I would bet on companies that operate private jets.
Old 08-05-2019, 05:21 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
I would put my bet on the 121 world during an economic downturn before I would bet on companies that operate private jets.
Economic down turns precipitates sale of the luxury toys... private jets. It also turns those flying 135 to seek first class or business class travel on commercial carriers. You all can figure out the rest. Seen it happen during the ‘70s... late ‘80s... after 9/11... of course you all remember the bust of 2008.
Old 08-05-2019, 05:32 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Gulfstream Pilot

The pilot schedule is 8 on/6 off and an optional 15 on/13 off is available. Any days you volunteer to work outside your set schedule are paid at the extra day rate. Currently $450/day for first year FOs.

Originally Posted by Gundriver64 View Post
Also, what is the FO work schedule? I have read it's 8/6. Also, read it's 10/5.

TIA
Old 08-06-2019, 04:38 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2018

Is this the required mins or suggested? Copied from their career page.

Pilot Hiring Minimums: (Current ATP and First Class Medical)
CE560XL/XLS SIC: 2500 TT, 750 PIC, 1000 Multi, 500 Turbine, 500 Multi PIC, 100 IMC

Encore Fleet First Officers
CE500/CE560 SIC: 2500 TT, 750 PIC, 1000 Multi, 500 Turbine, 500 Multi PIC, 100 IMC
Old 08-06-2019, 04:45 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Retired for now

Still no answers to:

Is there a ASAP program?

Does the company have a Part 145 repair certificate?
Old 08-06-2019, 05:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Gulfstream Pilot

If you have an ATP or more than 1,500 hrs and the ATP/CTP/Written complete.....I recommend you apply.

We have clientele who have the requirements listed on the career page to serve as a crew member on their trips. A good many, including myself were hired without all those requirements fulfilled.

Originally Posted by Beeman68 View Post
Is this the required mins or suggested? Copied from their career page.

CE560XL/XLS SIC: 2500 TT, 750 PIC, 1000 Multi, 500 Turbine, 500 Multi PIC, 100 IMC

Encore Fleet First Officers
CE500/CE560 SIC: 2500 TT, 750 PIC, 1000 Multi, 500 Turbine, 500 Multi PIC, 100 IMC