Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Retired for now

Is the 10 flying revenue trips yet?
Old 03-15-2019, 01:47 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Gulfstream Pilot
Default CE-750s

Had dinner with a group of line pilots and our D.O. at base last night.

News: Company should have Op. Specs on the Tens early next week. There is a second Ten in pre-buy and a few more in the pipeline.

Race is on to meet goal of 50 planes by year end.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:35 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Talking Growth...

And 60 more pilots by September.... crazy.
Old 03-17-2019, 01:12 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2018
Position: Row 1

[QUOTE=jcullen4;2777552]Questions...

"What is life like with FlyExclusive? Tough question, but for someone who has no experience in either 121 or 135, why would one choose FlyExclusive over a 121 opportunity?" You wouldn't...
Old 03-19-2019, 03:34 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Default Lastest

Updates from Pilot Conference Call yesterday:

1) Hiring continues for foreseeable future.

2) Purchase of second Citation X has closed.

3) Fleet of seven additional Citation Encore Plus' will go online at pace of one every six weeks.
Old 03-26-2019, 07:20 AM
Line Holder

Default flyExclusive ?’s

Hello All!
I have a few questions for you that would benefit your prospective applicants.
1. To become a CJ SIC is the 150 multi-engine hours a hard requirement or will you guys go substantially lower than that.
(I am working on getting 25 hours of multi-engine time because I was thinking of going to a regional. I have over 1500 hours tt)
2. What is the safety culture of the company regarding not going due to weather and or mx issues?
3. Do you fly every single day on your rotation or are there times you have long enough layovers to enjoy yourself?
4. Does the company give you a healthy amount of rest between your duty periods and by that I mean more than the part 135 minimum rest requirements?
5. Lastly are all the CJ’s standardized and have the same FMS and equipment or are there big differences between them throughout your fleet?
Thanks again!
Old 03-26-2019, 03:33 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Answers to Duckman's Questions:

1) Less than 150 Multi- my recommendation would be to apply. Posted minimums are preferred minimums.

2) Safety Culture- Never any shove back for delaying or postponing for weather I wasn't comfortable with. Maint. discrepancies are written up and MEL'd if there is relief or corrective action is taken on location.

3) Work load- On CJ fleet, we typically get a day or two off per rotation. Average day is a repo and a live leg. Plenty of time to explore, especially now that it is daylight longer.

4) Rest- Our rest periods are typically longer than the 10 hour min. We do not do airport standby and crews will head to hotel around five if not given an assignment and typically remain there until an hour & forty five minutes prior to next assignment's departure time. Generally much longer than 10 hours.

5) CJ fleet differences- All of our CJs have Proline 21s with UNS 1 FMS'. One CJ has steam gauges on right side of flight deck and no Garmin 530s. All others have Dual PFDs and Garmin 530s.

Feel free to let me know if you have additional questions.

Originally Posted by duckman View Post
Hello All!
I have a few questions for you that would benefit your prospective applicants.
1. To become a CJ SIC is the 150 multi-engine hours a hard requirement or will you guys go substantially lower than that.
(I am working on getting 25 hours of multi-engine time because I was thinking of going to a regional. I have over 1500 hours tt)
2. What is the safety culture of the company regarding not going due to weather and or mx issues?
3. Do you fly every single day on your rotation or are there times you have long enough layovers to enjoy yourself?
4. Does the company give you a healthy amount of rest between your duty periods and by that I mean more than the part 135 minimum rest requirements?
5. Lastly are all the CJ’s standardized and have the same FMS and equipment or are there big differences between them throughout your fleet?
Thanks again!
Old 03-27-2019, 07:54 AM
Line Holder

Thanks Amphibian! I appreciate it.
Old 03-27-2019, 05:05 PM
All is fine at .79

Position: Paahlot

Just to rain on your parade a little...well because I can.
150 hrs ME time is NOT a lot of time.
And you still have to make it through a type rating course.
135 training and flying is NOT 121 “Lite”
Requirements of the Regionals are what they are but you’ll tank your ride just as easy if you’re lacking the knowledge knowing what you’re doing.
Flying 135 on demand charter is not about letting somebody else hold your pants up.
Not knowing what you’re doing combined with somebody who should not be Captain gets you dead.
Sorry dude, read it.
http://www.northjersey.com/story/news/watchdog/2018/02/08/pilot-killed-teterboro-crash-not-qualified-fly-ntsb-documents-show/319764002/
Old 03-27-2019, 05:18 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Originally Posted by TiredSoul View Post
Just to rain on your parade a little...well because I can.
150 hrs ME time is NOT a lot of time.
And you still have to make it through a type rating course.
135 training and flying is NOT 121 “Lite”
Requirements of the Regionals are what they are but you’ll tank your ride just as easy if you’re lacking the knowledge knowing what you’re doing.
Flying 135 on demand charter is not about letting somebody else hold your pants up.
Not knowing what you’re doing combined with somebody who should not be Captain gets you dead.
Sorry dude, read it.
http://www.northjersey.com/story/news/watchdog/2018/02/08/pilot-killed-teterboro-crash-not-qualified-fly-ntsb-documents-show/319764002/
What about an applicant in the 2000-2500 hour range, about 1000 TPIC, with 2 years 135 PIC but only 25 multi?