FlyExclusive

Subscribe
41  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  61 
Page 51 of 86
Go to
FE Interview
Quote: Thank you for the info! I really appreciate your help. What can I expect during the interview?

How did the interview go? What you expected?

Have heard great things about this company
Tool Aviodance……
Quote: Thank you for the info! I really appreciate your help. What can I expect during the interview?
Hey Spanish,

Our solemn mission here is “Tool Avoidance”, i.e., keep the “tools” out, and recruit and retain the great people.. We are actually pretty successful at it, thanks to our DO JH. Fortunately, I was able to slip through the cracks, 😂..

Getting hire here is like getting hired at the Majors back in tha day.. No Hogan Test, no logbook review board, and nobody is going to ask you what your spirit animal is or make you take a Sudoku test made up by a non-pilot type. It is very pilot-centric, and is mainly a test to see if you would be fun and professional on an 8 or 15 day rotation.

Just treat it like any interview.. Shower, shave, dress nice, and be yourself.. But do be ready to answer “Why here and not Netjets, etc..” (Quick upgrades, live in the middle of nowhere, etc..). No real gotchas.

Good Luck!
I have been at the company 6 months and here is what I have noticed. Overall I give the company a 9/10. I would equate it to a LCC on the 121 side. You are not going to make the money that you would make at NJ or FLEX (121 equivalent, the big 3), but that income, in my opinion, comes at the cost of QOL. I like not being worked to min rest on most days. I like the smaller company. At NJ or FLEX I believe you are just a number and the computer puts you in the "most efficient slot" regardless of time worked or anything else. I have noticed a SIGNIFICANT improvement on hotels based on the fact they will take your recommendations (I doubt NJ or Flex do that). I have stayed at a few bad hotels but they ask for feedback and were all LARGE chain hotels in small towns. They cant know everything! My fear is they will grow into the next Flex of NJ and computers will take over everything! Great company and I have not encountered any hassles when things need to get done!
Quote: but do be ready to answer “why here and not netjets, etc..”
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Quote: Hey Spanish,

But do be ready to answer “Why here and not Netjets, etc..” (Quick upgrades, live in the middle of nowhere, etc..). No real gotchas.

Good Luck!
Why here? Because I’ve never met a happy Netjets pilot and I’ve never met a ****ed off FlyExclusive pilot.

JH was a bit incredulous that I wanted to leave a major airline job a year early… I guess he accepted my answer.

TC
Quote: Hey Desi,

We currently only offer the 8/6 and 15/13 schedules here, and Like my esteemed colleague Peabody stated, neither Netjets or flyExclusive offer part-time as of now. I believe that Wheels Up group offers a part-time option.

Good luck!

thank you both for the replies.
Quote: Hey Spanish,

Our solemn mission here is “Tool Avoidance”, i.e., keep the “tools” out, and recruit and retain the great people.. We are actually pretty successful at it, thanks to our DO JH. Fortunately, I was able to slip through the cracks, 😂..

Getting hire here is like getting hired at the Majors back in tha day.. No Hogan Test, no logbook review board, and nobody is going to ask you what your spirit animal is or make you take a Sudoku test made up by a non-pilot type. It is very pilot-centric, and is mainly a test to see if you would be fun and professional on an 8 or 15 day rotation.

Just treat it like any interview.. Shower, shave, dress nice, and be yourself.. But do be ready to answer “Why here and not Netjets, etc..” (Quick upgrades, live in the middle of nowhere, etc..). No real gotchas.

Good Luck!
Definitely like the “no tool” policy. Just curious about the two pilot interviews. Looks like the first pilot interview is by video. Other than wear decent apparel, be clean, and be yourself was it a basic HR interview or combined with a technical review. Doesn’t seem to be anything out there as a guide. If that goes well what is the second interview like?
Quote: Definitely like the “no tool” policy. Just curious about the two pilot interviews. Looks like the first pilot interview is by video. Other than wear decent apparel, be clean, and be yourself was it a basic HR interview or combined with a technical review. Doesn’t seem to be anything out there as a guide. If that goes well what is the second interview like?
My interview was short and to the point (It was only a phone interview). I wasnt asked anything hard just a lot of conversational questions while he spoke about FE and what they have going on. I was asked about my flying history and how much time in the last 6 months (I believe), so I believe they do want current pilots. I was asked ZERO technical questions (but maybe that is because I had a lot or recent instructing time) and it wasnt until I was offered a position that he said "Whoops I forgot to ask, any DUIs, legal issues or failed checkrides". I explained my failed checkrides pretty quickly and his response was "great, that checks that box". I do believe it is way more of a personality interview and based on the pilots I work with they do seem to do a great job sorting out the "tools".
15-13 Schedule
Good afternoon everyone,

I read on this thread several posts back that the 15-13 schedule is the junior schedule. Am I correct in reading that everyone will be 15-13 until they have enough seniority to bid for an 8-6 schedule? If so, how long do you estimate one would be on the 15-13 schedule before being able to hold an 8-6 schedule?

Thanks

-Mojo
Quote: Good afternoon everyone,

I read on this thread several posts back that the 15-13 schedule is the junior schedule. Am I correct in reading that everyone will be 15-13 until they have enough seniority to bid for an 8-6 schedule? If so, how long do you estimate one would be on the 15-13 schedule before being able to hold an 8-6 schedule?

Thanks

-Mojo
you get the option to chose which you’d prefer. Seniority not required. Keep in mind the 15/13 pays 10k more/year.
41  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  61 
Page 51 of 86
Go to