FlyExclusive

Subscribe
18  58  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  78 
Page 68 of 86
Go to
QQ
Quote: I recently interviewed with the company. 3 very quick and informal interviews and was invited to a SIM evaluation which went well. Job offer 2 days later with the 24 month contract. I proposed some changes to the contract that my mentors suggested. Job offer was immediately rescinded, with a "best of luck to you" type email. I thought the response was unnecessary and spiteful. I consider reasonable negotiations to be an ordinary part of new employment.
This was not my experience either...no sim, just 1 yr contract. Great team of folks, treated me very well, definitely a place that is growing with good leadership. I declined the class date when a different opportunity presented itself before my report date. Hard call to make because of the great folks I met and talked with...actually visited the HHQ at Kinston, very impressed with their growth plans and expansion. They appear to be the real deal and will be one of the survivors if things turn IMHO.

Kudos to B727 for his insight on this forum and straight forward dissemination of all aspects of pluses and minuses at FE. Like EF Hutton, when he talks, you should listen.
Quote: Pilatus,

Are you sure that this is flyExclusive that you are talking about? Because we have a 1 year pro-rated contract.. Unless something just changed. But yeah, they do not negotiate just like the Airlines don't negotiate.

Good luck..
My mistake. this was posted in the wrong thread. I meant if for Fly Alliance.
Thanks for the props, Chase..
Quote: This was not my experience either...no sim, just 1 yr contract. Great team of folks, treated me very well, definitely a place that is growing with good leadership. I declined the class date when a different opportunity presented itself before my report date. Hard call to make because of the great folks I met and talked with...actually visited the HHQ at Kinston, very impressed with their growth plans and expansion. They appear to be the real deal and will be one of the survivors if things turn IMHO.

Kudos to B727 for his insight on this forum and straight forward dissemination of all aspects of pluses and minuses at FE. Like EF Hutton, when he talks, you should listen.
Thanks for the Props, Chase.. We’re trying.. I am jealous of your uniform, though!
Well, you could apply here..
Quote: My mistake. this was posted in the wrong thread. I meant if for Fly Alliance.
Well, Pilatus,

You could apply here, 1 year pro-rated contract and no sim check. They won’t negotiate on pay, etc., but neither will any decent company. I know people who work at places where everyone negotiated their own terms and everyone is paid differently and these places are generally not the best places to work. When it comes to negotiating your pay, just ask what UPS, AA, Netjets, and DAL do.. Oh, and flyExclusive, 😝..

Best of luck to you…
Quote: Chapter 11 is voluntary bankruptcy for reorganization, generally.

Chapter 7 is involuntary, forced into it by creditors. It often results in liquidation of the company.

Did you mean Chapter 11 or Chapter 7?
Kenny Dichter at Wheels Up is a survivor, I expect they'll find a way to do a Chapter 11. Or possibly merge the operation. Other operators can't get planes fast enough so picking up a bunch via an acquisition might be tempting.
Quote: This was not my experience either...no sim, just 1 yr contract. Great team of folks, treated me very well, definitely a place that is growing with good leadership. I declined the class date when a different opportunity presented itself before my report date. Hard call to make because of the great folks I met and talked with...actually visited the HHQ at Kinston, very impressed with their growth plans and expansion. They appear to be the real deal and will be one of the survivors if things turn IMHO.

This. 100%.

TC
Quote: Kenny Dichter at Wheels Up is a survivor, I expect they'll find a way to do a Chapter 11. Or possibly merge the operation. Other operators can't get planes fast enough so picking up a bunch via an acquisition might be tempting.
He is. I'm sure he's spending every waking moment trying to figure out how to personally get out of this before the seemingly inevitable happens.
Hi folks, interested in making the jump to the 135/Corporate world; sounds like some good things are happening at FE!

Basic question here that I haven’t seen answered (looked back quite a few pages): What’s a typical day look like? How many legs? Typical hours of rest? Are you typically flying 3-5 legs/day like I’ve heard they do at NJ/FJ, or is it a bit more relaxed? Quality of hotels? Rental cars typical or no? Lastly, what’s the policy on facial hair (short, well-groomed beards allowed?)

Many thanks in advance!
Quote: Hi folks, interested in making the jump to the 135/Corporate world; sounds like some good things are happening at FE!

Basic question here that I haven’t seen answered (looked back quite a few pages): What’s a typical day look like? How many legs? Typical hours of rest? Are you typically flying 3-5 legs/day like I’ve heard they do at NJ/FJ, or is it a bit more relaxed? Quality of hotels? Rental cars typical or no? Lastly, what’s the policy on facial hair (short, well-groomed beards allowed?)

Many thanks in advance!
A lot depends on the fleet. I am on light jets (which includes the Encore and the CJ3) and a typical day is 3-4 legs (live, repo, live, (possible repo for the next AM). VERY rarely are you over 4 legs a day and if you are its probably a short repo flight at the end of the day. I have no complaints about rest. Typically way more than 10hrs mandatory however you occasionally get min rest days. I dont think I have had 2 or more min rest days back to back. Hotels are hotels....99% Hilton or Marriott properties, although we used to book our own (and talk about going back to it), they will take "suggestions". Id say they utilize Uber/Lyft more than rental cars but in areas where Uber and Lyfts are hard to get, they will book a rental car. Cant answer the facial hair policy but I believe short/well groomed is acceptable (but again, could be wrong)
Bye bye bw??
Heard the good news that house cleaning is happening at FE……. Bye bye BW. Hope FE becomes a better place. Now maybe they can work on SOPs, pay and the way pilots represent on the road. Saw a crew in TEB. Wow, looked rough!!!!!
18  58  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  78 
Page 68 of 86
Go to