Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

FlyExclusive

Old 04-24-2019, 05:19 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Gulfstream Pilot

Answers:

1) Quality of time off is perfect. My family is always excited to see me. Usually we get home mid-late afternoon on last day of rotation. Occasionally, I have gotten home after 10 PM, because of a travel glitch with pilot relieving me.

Other than a couple emails, generally hear nothing from company on days off between rotations.

2) Do you have a FAA ATP or ATP written complete? If yes to either and your quoted experience, I would estimate 50/50 chance of Excel or Sovereign/Citation X.

With Excel, you can expect a quick upgrade to Capt. (within a year) on Sovergn/ Citation X you could probably expect to sit as an FO for 1-2 years before upgrade.

3) For many of us, flyExclusive is a stepping stone. It is a great place to gain good experience and build turbine PIC. It is still a relatively young and growing company with lots of opportunity for advancement.

It would not be a bad place to spend a career if QOL is your goal.

PM me if you have other questions.

Originally Posted by Brosnd View Post
Hey guys,

Am new to APC and just had a few questions regarding flyExclusive.

I'm married to an American girl and we're making the move up to the States a little later on this year (just waiting on a Green Card) and I'm trying to find out about the different types of flying/companies available. Part 135 seems like it would suit me especially with the 8on/6off schedule, and being home based.

My questions are:

1) What is the quality of your time off? Are your families excited to have you home or are you grumpy from being jet lagged/long days?

2) I currently have 3500TT, around 1800 Multi engine/multi crew, and 800 TPIC. With these hours what are the chances of getting onto something large that does long haul flights?

3) And lastly, is flyExclusive considered a career airline, or do guys tend to use it purely as a stepping stone onto bigger things (Major Airlines)?

Thanks for your help

Last edited by Amphibian; 04-24-2019 at 05:59 AM.
Old 04-24-2019, 10:19 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Thumbs up Ditto..

Ditto to everything Amphibian said above...

I would like to add that we have a growing number of retired airline pilots from AA, SWA, Spirit, etc. currently flying here (with many more applying), and the stepping stone is a two-way street. Many of us have done the non-regional 121 thing, and for various reasons, do not want to go back to 121.

Whatever your final career destination goals are, I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend flyExclusive to a fellow pilot. Decent pay, good, predictable 8/6 or 15/13 schedule, live where you want, no jeopardy company paid, full-fare airline ticket commuting to work, fly to and stay in nice places, and keep all the hotel, airline, and rental car points.

If the Majors are your goal, then a wholly-owned regional with flow to AA is your best bet for a stepping stone to the majors.
Old 04-27-2019, 12:35 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2019
Position: FO

Thanks for the replies guys I really appreciate it!!
Old 04-27-2019, 09:23 PM
CFIing

Does anyone know if FlyExclusive does R-ATPs?
Old 04-28-2019, 08:55 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Exclamation Not at this time....

Originally Posted by jrav8r View Post
Does anyone know if FlyExclusive does R-ATPs?
Sorry, not at this time.
Old 05-06-2019, 12:48 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2017

I understand there’s a small pool of applicants waiting to interview and the company is hiring captains first and foremost.
Are there going to be fewer first officers hired as it’s possible to fly two captains together as a crew?
Old 05-09-2019, 01:57 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007

Chatted with a current pilot seems like an o.k. company however few things turned me off about them. For one once upgraded your pay rate goes back to year one instead of the standard number of years of service. New uniforms are on the horizon and they plan to make them airline pilot style all the way. On go home day either pilot could potentially continue working due to a disruption in the pilot’s travel who is replacing you. As far as I’m concerned if I put in my time I’m done. Vacation days are a joke, with no separate sick days. If you get sick you must use vacation as they won’t accept unpaid time off. Finally too bad the schedule isn’t 7/7. If they spearheaded an industry leading schedule of a 6/8 instead of 8/6 I just might wear the airline uniform and they will never be short pilots.
Old 05-09-2019, 03:39 PM
All is fine at .79

Position: Paahlot

I’m sure you could find something wrong with Delta or AA....
Old 05-12-2019, 04:22 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2018

Originally Posted by 100LL View Post
Chatted with a current pilot seems like an o.k. company however few things turned me off about them. For one once upgraded your pay rate goes back to year one instead of the standard number of years of service. New uniforms are on the horizon and they plan to make them airline pilot style all the way. On go home day either pilot could potentially continue working due to a disruption in the pilot’s travel who is replacing you. As far as I’m concerned if I put in my time I’m done. Vacation days are a joke, with no separate sick days. If you get sick you must use vacation as they won’t accept unpaid time off. Finally too bad the schedule isn’t 7/7. If they spearheaded an industry leading schedule of a 6/8 instead of 8/6 I just might wear the airline uniform and they will never be short pilots.
Glad you don't want to come here! 99% of the time you're home on your last day and If you're not you get paid for the extra day and if this happens they ask, not tell.
Sounds like you'll be a cancer where ever you decide to work.
Some people are only happy when they're complaining.
Old 05-12-2019, 12:02 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Talking We'd love a 7/7 schedule, LOL..

Originally Posted by 100LL View Post
Hey 100LL,

While I agree with you on several points, your post reminds me of that age old aviation joke where the Chief Pilot calls a big company meeting in a hangar and gives a speech to all the pilots. He tells them that they are starting a new program where the pilots just stay home and get paid for sitting $150,000/year, weekly. He tells them that all they have to is to show up every Friday to collect their paycheck... Punchline: Sure enough, one pilot in the pilot in the back of the room stands up and says" "Why can't you just mail the damn check to us?" Definitely a tough crowd....

Sure! We would love a 7 on/7 off schedule, but think about it....: Other than Warren Buffet's Berkshire Hathaway-owned Netjets, NOBODY that I know in this segment of aviation has that, much less a 6/8 schedule. Nobody starts out with a 7/7 schedule; it's something that you have to work towards. Heck, look at GAMA/Wheels Up (with all their deep pockets, Kenny Dichter financial backing) and Executive AirShare... Only a few years ago, GAMA had an awful 6 on/3 off schedule, and Airshare had an even worse 12 on/3 off schedule, and their FO's are still on a 10 on/5 off schedule.. So things here aren't that bad and could definitely be a LOT worse..

Remember that we only celebrated our 4th anniversary a few weeks back, and that we only started in 2015 with 3 CJ2's..... Now, we are up to 39 Citations in 4 short years. We've come a long way, baby in quite a short time. So while, sure, there are things that can be improved upon, we have made some great strides forward and are a great company to fly for.

Before Contract '05, Netjets (then, Executive Jet) wasn't the greatest place to work either, where pilots started out at $35,000 and you could only have 5 domiciles, where you had to be standing by 12 prior to duty on. And prior to September 11, Southwest was considered a 5th or 6th choice after AA, DL, UA, USAir, NWA, and Continental. And look at them now....

Give us a little time, and I'll bet you will be surprised how good we get... Good companies grow into being even better companies, with pay, schedule, and QOL.; Just ask the pilots at Southwest, Netjets and GAMA.

PS- I have never been forced to fly extra or train on a day off, but have volunteered often since the Company has been so good to me. The Company has bent over backwards to be flexible with my medical travel, 100th Birthday Celebrations, getting me and a fellow crew member home ahead of Hurricanes and ensuring that we had time off, my cross-country move, and flying me across the country to be with my Wife when I slipped on ice on duty. And that all happened in the last year... flyExclusive is an excellent Company to work for, and it continues to improve.