Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

FlyExclusive

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2022, 01:43 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2022

This should be a clear signal to everyone.. Stay away from this company! Clearly, they do not care about their employees.
Old 12-18-2022, 05:04 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Default I’d wait and see

Originally Posted by JestersDead View Post
No layoffs for flight crews? New to the forum here for FE. I submitted application 6 days ago, gave my resume to a pilot to walk in, and left message with a pilot recruiter but have not heard anything yet from FE.. How long does it typically take for someone to reach out from the company? Just curious. If anyone could help, much appreciated.
Hey Jester,

We just had a Layoff happen on Friday for 50 fellow employees, so I am guessing that there was a lot of turmoil, hence no one getting back to you yet. Personally, I haven’t spoken to anyone in Kinston about this, so I am not going to make any recommendations about us. There is no good or positive way to say that we just experienced a Company Layoff, so even though no flight crew members were laid off, we are all affected by it, morale wise if nothing else. I would wait and see what happens for now.

Best of luck, Jester.
Old 12-31-2022, 04:18 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2019
Default Basic questions

Been reading this thread researching the company and just have a couple basic QOL questions while on a 15 day tour. Hearing conflicting average flight hours. Hear 40-50, and up to 60-70. Which is more accurate based on regular schedule, no extra days?

More basic than that, is it hard to find time for laundy and taking care of yourself? I am accustomed to 4 day trips in a regional, so not that much to deal with on a short trip.
Old 12-31-2022, 08:10 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2019
Default Basic Questions about life on the road

I previously have worked for a regional and used to 4 or 5 day trips, but have a couple questions for the 15/13 guys. How many flight hours are you averaging, I am reading 50-70, but was told 40-50? Which one is more accurate? Maybe aircraft dependent?

Secondly, are you able to find enough time to do laundry, and take care of yourself during such a long tour?

Thanks for any info. I have been reading this thread, and found it fairly informative.
Old 01-01-2023, 04:52 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2023
Default VNR alumni

Came to this thread to sniff around cause my current employer is planning on imposing mandatory retirement at 70. And I won’t be ready to hang it up then. I see that some of FE cadre are former VNR. Anybody remember the 7.5 on/6.5 off sched?
Old 01-01-2023, 08:37 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2019

Originally Posted by dcal View Post
I previously have worked for a regional and used to 4 or 5 day trips, but have a couple questions for the 15/13 guys. How many flight hours are you averaging, I am reading 50-70, but was told 40-50? Which one is more accurate? Maybe aircraft dependent?

Secondly, are you able to find enough time to do laundry, and take care of yourself during such a long tour?

Thanks for any info. I have been reading this thread, and found it fairly informative.
There is no such thing as a typical day or rotation. The only thing you can count on is change. I’ve had rotations with 80 hours, I’ve had some with 25. XL fleet is the largest and likely busiest. The hotel department is very helpful when you need to do laundry, although most hotels have it anyway. Plan to attempt to do laundry a couple days before it’s urgent.
Old 01-04-2023, 07:23 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Cool

Originally Posted by Unionmember View Post
Came to this thread to sniff around cause my current employer is planning on imposing mandatory retirement at 70. And I won’t be ready to hang it up then. I see that some of FE cadre are former VNR. Anybody remember the 7.5 on/6.5 off sched?
Yes, several former VNR survivors here, including me. I thought that NJASAP gave up on the Age 70 deal.

Let"s chat. Feel free to PM me.
Old 01-04-2023, 08:43 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: Retired NJA & AA

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
Yes, several former VNR survivors here, including me. I thought that NJASAP gave up on the Age 70 deal.

Let"s chat. Feel free to PM me.
It wasn't NJASAP. The company has been trying to get a bill thru Congress for years that would set an age 70 cap. But only for 91K/135 operators with 75,000 or more operations per year. Guess who the only company is that meets that requirement? This year when the $1.7T budget was passed they managed to get the age 70 bill included. I really wonder how many millions they had to pay lobbyist to finally get this passed.

The age 70 rule starts one year after the FAA is notified it's been implemented. So early in 2024 NJA will lose several hundred pilots.
Old 01-05-2023, 05:14 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Cool How dumb of me.. I misspoke..

Originally Posted by AirBear View Post
It wasn't NJASAP. The company has been trying to get a bill thru Congress for years that would set an age 70 cap. But only for 91K/135 operators with 75,000 or more operations per year. Guess who the only company is that meets that requirement? This year when the $1.7T budget was passed they managed to get the age 70 bill included. I really wonder how many millions they had to pay lobbyist to finally get this passed.

The age 70 rule starts one year after the FAA is notified it's been implemented. So early in 2024 NJA will lose several hundred pilots.
Sorry AirBear,,

You are correct. It was late last night when I typed that.. I realized that it was the Company that tride to push the Age 70 rule, not NJASAP..
Old 02-15-2023, 12:41 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2022

Just curious…what’s the status of hiring?