Pilots per aircraft ratio question.

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Quote: That's a calculation I've done before myself.

However, keep in mind that the numbers on APC may not be up to date.
As far as those shops;
1) Probably correct. If you read up on their pages, seems like their sitting some long reserve. Gearing up for something? Only their mgmt knows.
2,3,4) Also likely correct. And a decent ratio for these times...people moving on fairly quickly...gives their training time to catch up.
5) GoJet pilots tend to fly quite a bit. So, could be.
6) SkyWest actually had their own software made...proprietary...to streamline the schedule / bid algorithm. That, and having bases all over the frigging place! Yeah, those #s could be correct.
7) Don't know enough about CommutAir.
8) Mesa runs their people pretty hard.
9) Think those EXJ numbers are off.
Yeah, just got off the phone with a EXJ recruiter and he said they have about 140 aircraft now and >1500 pilots. So somewhere around 11 pilots per aircraft.
Quote: Envoy numbers are off. Correct ratio is 12.5.
Which one, aircraft or pilots?
Quote: Which one, aircraft or pilots?
Both.
12.52 to be accurate.
Quote: Both.
12.52 to be accurate.
Cool, thanks.

So why so much reserve at ENY?
Quote: Cool, thanks.

So why so much reserve at ENY?
Depends on the fleet. 175 only has a month or two.
Quote: Depends on the fleet. 175 only has a month or two.
Yeah, but if I decide to go with ENY, I'll probably go as a Near-DEC on the E145 and be on reserve forever at ORD or LGA.
Quote: Yeah, but if I decide to go with ENY, I'll probably go as a Near-DEC on the E145 and be on reserve forever at ORD or LGA.
That's the life of a fast upgrade captain.
Forever obviously is hyperbole, 2-3 years from date of hire in ORD is somewhat realistic.
Quote: That's the life of a fast upgrade captain.
Forever obviously is hyperbole, 2-3 years from date of hire in ORD is somewhat realistic.
That is forever to an old man like me.
Quote: That is forever to an old man like me.
Short reserve for near-DEC captains means the airline is not adequately staffed, and that means you'll experience constant abuse.

Pick your poison, you can't have your cake and eat it.
Or you might consider corporate and other aviation careers.
Quote: Short reserve for near-DEC captains means the airline is not adequately staffed, and that means you'll experience constant abuse.

Pick your poison, you can't have your cake and eat it.
Or you might consider corporate and other aviation careers.
I know bud, I'm not planning on it.

But we all know commuting to reserve sucks the big one, so I'd like to do it as little as possible. And logging TPIC is the goal, not just getting hired and sitting reserve.

Thanks for the info as usual. Cheers.
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to