Looking at AF Reserve

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 4 of 4
Go to
Anyone know how academy time counts for reserve retirement points?

I heard a rumor that for an active duty retirement it doesn't count to get you to 20 years to qualify, but once you get to 20 it counted for time in service.

So you couldn't retire until you reached 20, but once you did you would be paid for 24.
Thanks for the gouge Salty Dog, that's some good info to have in the hip pocket.
Bump. Anyone have any recent experience doing CAPRAP or ALO and wouldn't mind sharing their thoughts? Good, bad, indifferent?
Had some ALO folks work for me in my IMA job, they love it. Do some interviews in their assigned area when the schedule works and they do their reports when on the road. Pretty simple.
Quote: What are non-flying IMA, ALO, or CAP jobs?
Go to AFPC Secure, look at Reserve vacancies, then IMA vacancies. I stumbled upon a sweet non-deployable IMA job when I got off AD. Now I do the hiring for said organization. Non-flying, no UTAs, make my own schedule, BS mostly at a minimum. Zero QOL Impact to the fam. Love it, have 20 yrs and will keep going to 28. I actually feel guilty cashing the check each month.
1  2  3  4 
Page 4 of 4
Go to