Commutable trips?

Subscribe
Looking into F9 and just wondering how commutable the trips are for both reserve and lineholders in the most junior bases? Which I am hearing is PHL and ORD maybe?
Coming from the BNA/MEM areas.
Thanks!
Quote: Looking into F9 and just wondering how commutable the trips are for both reserve and lineholders in the most junior bases? Which I am hearing is PHL and ORD maybe?
Coming from the BNA/MEM areas.
Thanks!
Obviously a lot depends on frequency of where you are commuting from. I commute and I have used 2 hotels in three years. My commute is only a hour and half block though. I would guess around 60ish% lines are commutable, but with swaps and drops you can usually get what you want.
In ORD, hardly any trips have been commutable for me in the past few months. Lots of early starts and late finishes, unfortunately.
Quote: In ORD, hardly any trips have been commutable for me in the past few months. Lots of early starts and late finishes, unfortunately.
Yeah I’ve been based in DEN and LAS.
Commuter Hotels
How much are the best commuter hotels in Denver? Any advice is appreciated.
Quote: How much are the best commuter hotels in Denver? Any advice is appreciated.
Depends.

Crewtel in DEN was ~ $84OTD. Not much close by.
Quote: Depends.

Crewtel in DEN was ~ $84OTD. Not much close by.
Ouch. Maybe LAS is a better base while on RSV?? Just from a cheap hotel standpoint.
Quote: Ouch. Maybe LAS is a better base while on RSV?? Just from a cheap hotel standpoint.
Hotelling isn't the answer.

I moved to LAS to get an incredible crashpad @ $400/month.

Worse commute, but not by much.

Reduced flying options and open time.

In the end it depends on what's important and the options.

Send me a PM if you'd like to talk. I'd be glad to share my experiences.