Spirit+ Frontier (from a numbers scenario)

Subscribe
Of course pure speculation, however; IF we were to ever merger with F9, we would be in excess of 5,000 pilots based on current order books and averaging rought 16 Pilot’s per plane. We would be bigger than JetBlue and Alaska. Putting us size wise 5th, behind Southwest. I’m curious to see how our “pecking order” for a JCBA would be then, given that we’re still a ULCC, but larger hypothetically than JB and AK. I see the F9 scenario as a a postitive, only because I believe while initially there would be mergers pains etc, over the long run we would have really little competition in the way of the ULCC market. In addition I believe it would create a more stable, lucrative for all, and attractive airline to work for hopefully. If any F9 guys have any input since I don’t know any, I’d definitely like to hear you’re thoughts as well. Cheers and be safe and fly the contract out there. Thanks.
Quote: Of course pure speculation, however; IF we were to ever merger with F9, we would be in excess of 5,000 pilots based on current order books and averaging rought 16 Pilot’s per plane. We would be bigger than JetBlue and Alaska. Putting us size wise 5th, behind Southwest. I’m curious to see how our “pecking order” for a JCBA would be then, given that we’re still a ULCC, but larger hypothetically than JB and AK. I see the F9 scenario as a a postitive, only because I believe while initially there would be mergers pains etc, over the long run we would have really little competition in the way of the ULCC market. In addition I believe it would create a more stable, lucrative for all, and attractive airline to work for hopefully. If any F9 guys have any input since I don’t know any, I’d definitely like to hear you’re thoughts as well. Cheers and be safe and fly the contract out there. Thanks.
Absolutely, undeniably, unequivocally the opinion of someone who’s never been within sniffing distance of a merger.
Quote: Of course pure speculation, however; IF we were to ever merger with F9, we would be in excess of 5,000 pilots based on current order books and averaging rought 16 Pilot’s per plane. We would be bigger than JetBlue and Alaska. Putting us size wise 5th, behind Southwest. I’m curious to see how our “pecking order” for a JCBA would be then, given that we’re still a ULCC, but larger hypothetically than JB and AK. I see the F9 scenario as a a postitive, only because I believe while initially there would be mergers pains etc, over the long run we would have really little competition in the way of the ULCC market. In addition I believe it would create a more stable, lucrative for all, and attractive airline to work for hopefully. If any F9 guys have any input since I don’t know any, I’d definitely like to hear you’re thoughts as well. Cheers and be safe and fly the contract out there. Thanks.
Enough with the merger talks! Sure, it's possible but why would anyone want that? Growth. Should. Be. Organic.
We switched to the Boston staplers, but I kept my red Swingline because it doesn’t bind up as much when you have to combine seniority lists.... but it would be easier just to set fire to the building
Frontier has even began to change all their fire suppressants in their planes from Halon1301 to Halon 1211 to match ours okay maybe not.

But seriously we are actually about to embark on a joint venture with Ryan Air. We are going to be selling tickets through them and vice versa for a greater (U)LCC North America/Europe network.
Rest assured if we merge with Frontier or anybody else it will have absolutely nothing to do with creating a profitable competitive airline. It will be all about the CEO's, CFOs and the top members of the BOD making a big cash out.
Quote: Rest assured if we merge with Frontier or anybody else it will have absolutely nothing to do with creating a profitable competitive airline. It will be all about the CEO's, CFOs and the top members of the BOD making a big cash out.
Yes, this is correct.