Mesa CA seniority hire date by crew base.

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Quote: What's the junior CA lineholder?
Jan 2017 for IAH
Quote: Jan 2017 for IAH
So over a year to hold a line in IAH? If junior CA is an April '18 hire and junior line holder is 15 months senior?
Quote: Yes it would. Reserve out of IAH wouldn't be so bad. I've got a good friend there that I could stay with.
Commuting to reserve sucks the willingness to live out of anyone. Being tickled to death would be more enjoyable than that.
Quote: Commuting to reserve sucks the willingness to live out of anyone. Being tickled to death would be more enjoyable than that.
I don't have a choice since I can't move. It's only an hour flight from LFT to IAH (6 flights per day), or <4 hr drive if need be.
How long for new hires to get PHX?
Quote: How long for new hires to get PHX?
This is from their recruitment page. Not sure how up to date it is though.

Mesa Air Group

First Officer Seniority Hire Date By Crew Base:
DFW: October 12, 2018
IAD: New Hire Domicile
IAH: New Hire Domicle
PHX: September 21, 2018
SDF: August 17, 2018

Probably can get it after a couple months due to the hiring frenzy.
Quote: So over a year to hold a line in IAH? If junior CA is an April '18 hire and junior line holder is 15 months senior?
It’s more complicated than that. Let me crunch some numbers.
Quote: It’s more complicated than that. Let me crunch some numbers.
Cool. that's just my ignorant guess by the seniority dates.
Quote: Yes it would. Reserve out of IAH wouldn't be so bad. I've got a good friend there that I could stay with.
OK - looking at numbers RIGHT NOW - for DFW on the CRJ side and IAH for Ejet it looks like a new hire can expect to wait about 2 years to hold a line at either base as CAPTAIN. Of course this can change but that's what it is as of last month. Seniority is about the same for each - low 700's to high 600's.

FO to hold a line is about 9 months in IAH and 8 months in DFW.

Now I said this changes. I held a line at 6 months as an FO in DFW. So your mileage may vary but this is an accurate picture as of right now.

All CRJ new hire FO's are spending 3 months in IAD but almost all that want out get out of there after the 3 months. PHX used to be our senior base but it's swapping around to DFW right now on the CRJ side of things - ignoring IAD as that's a whole different kettle of fish. A lot of our CLT guys have stayed at IAD and the base has a pretty stable selection of Captains with little movement.
Quote: How long for new hires to get PHX?
Right now the Jr PHX FO has a hire date of 09/28/2018
So I'd say 6 months.
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to