New Hire Bases

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Anyone know if Mesa is still implementing the 3 month base lock in IAD for all new hires?
Quote: Anyone know if Mesa is still implementing the 3 month base lock in IAD for all new hires?
You'll most likely be based in DFW. There were no IAD openings on the last standing bid that I saw. They seem to be putting the effective date 3-4 months out from when you are awarded the base.
Quote: You'll most likely be based in DFW. There were no IAD openings on the last standing bid that I saw. They seem to be putting the effective date 3-4 months out from when you are awarded the base.
I lied to you. Apparently new hires are still getting IAD but it wasn't available on the standing bid for guys on the line. hope this helps.
From Mesa's website. Says updated 12/4/18

First Officer Seniority Hire Date By Crew Base:
DFW: October 12, 2018
IAD: New Hire Domicile
IAH: New Hire Domicle
PHX: September 21, 2018
SDF: August 17, 2018
Flyboy68: Trying to remember where you said you were at...but, IAH or SDF should both be pretty close to you, aren't they?
Quote: Flyboy68: Trying to remember where you said you were at...but, IAH or SDF should both be pretty close to you, aren't they?
I'm in south Louisiana, Lafayette. Six direct flights (1 hour) to IAH daily or <4 drive if I had to.
Quote: I lied to you. Apparently new hires are still getting IAD but it wasn't available on the standing bid for guys on the line. hope this helps.
Got it. I assumed they were still doing this. I actually went through training at mesa about a year ago but had to leave for personal reasons. We were locked in IAD for 3 months after IOE. So im thinking of trying to go back, just hoping DFW is somewhat of an option, if not right away then soon after.
All ejet new hires are IAH.
All CRJ new hires are IAD.
Quote: All ejet new hires are IAH.
All CRJ new hires are IAD.
And you are able to select which one based on seniority correct?
Quote: And you are able to select which one based on seniority correct?
I wasn’t hired recently but I think you can select at time of hire - before class. I don’t know of anyone who didn’t get the aircraft that they wanted.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to