Interview to class date

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Hey Envoyans, I have a mentee who is interested in flying for Envoy. Has an upcoming interview. Does anyone know how far Envoy is out from interview to class date?

Thanks!
Quote: Hey Envoyans, I have a mentee who is interested in flying for Envoy. Has an upcoming interview. Does anyone know how far Envoy is out from interview to class date?

Thanks!
2-3 weeks, depending how your background check results come back and align with a captain review board.
Quote: 2-3 weeks, depending how your background check results come back and align with a captain review board.
That's incredible! Ok thanks. Much faster than many of the other regionals, they seem to be slowing down at several. Thanks!
Quote: That's incredible! Ok thanks. Much faster than many of the other regionals, they seem to be slowing down at several. Thanks!
There are good reasons for that... an FO going through training and doing 3 months of reserve at Envoy, while waiting for their Republic class start date to arrive is not unheard of. It's funny how better pay and work rules create a backlog for new hire classes.
Quote: There are good reasons for that... an FO going through training and doing 3 months of reserve at Envoy, while waiting for their Republic class start date to arrive is not unheard of. It's funny how better pay and work rules create a backlog for new hire classes.
It works the other way too. I cancelled my class date with Republic to come to Envoy.

Big difference between interviewing a ton of people, "hiring" everyone no matter their qualifications, and then throttling the class dates (like Republic did last year to fill up 2019), and just interviewing a limited amount of people (like Envoy).

Both airlines have full classes.
Quote: It works the other way too. I cancelled my class date with Republic to come to Envoy.

Big difference between interviewing a ton of people, "hiring" everyone no matter their qualifications, and then throttling the class dates (like Republic did last year to fill up 2019), and just interviewing a limited amount of people (like Envoy).

Interview at Envoy and where you want to be. Accept both offers. Start at Envoy and then go to the other when you finally get a class.
Quote: It works the other way too. I cancelled my class date with Republic to come to Envoy.

Time will tell if that was the right decision. The contract disparity is vast between the two. You might come to regret it eventually.
Quote: Time will tell if that was the right decision. The contract disparity is vast between the two. You might come to regret it eventually.
I doubt it in Dera's case. He's probably living in base, and probably will never notice the difference of 2-3K in his paycheck every month. He's also seems content to wait for the flow.
Quote: Interview at Envoy and where you want to be. Accept both offers. Start at Envoy and then go to the other when you finally get a class.

This has to be the dumbest thing I have read today. You are doing nothing but ****ting on your own resume.
Quote: I doubt it in Dera's case. He's probably living in base, and probably will never notice the difference of 2-3K in his paycheck every month. He's also seems content to wait for the flow.
I live in base, and there's no regional worth commuting for.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to