Bogus Aspects of XCM Listing on OA

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote:
The "no nuclear" perception comes from my experience years ago at Delta. Ron Allen prohibited jumpseats to other carriers however, numerous other carriers graciously extended jumpseats to me(and all Delya pilots) since they recognized that it wasn't the Delta pilots fault.
Correct, but it was even worse than that. Not only did DAL not extend the JS courtesy to other airlines, they didn't allow the jumpseat to their OWN pilots! It wasn't until the 96 contract that the JS became available.

That said now we have a great JS policy, all without the stupidity of the myID listing requirement.
Agreed Herk...was here for that but couldn't quite remember all the nuances....didn't want to overstate the situation since some on here aren't too interested in a "history lesson".

Thanks for the clarification.....Unfortunately, I remember it well....had to walk uphill to school both ways in the snow.....dontcha know
Ron Allens logic was he didn't want to give a bennie to one group of personnel that couldn't be given to all.....if I remember correctly
Quote: Ron Allens logic was he didn't want to give a bennie to one group of personnel that couldn't be given to all.....if I remember correctly
Allen never liked commuting pilots. Guys were always down at his office. He saw it as pass abuse.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to