Senior NB vs Junior WB

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 4 of 5
Go to
If you are at Delta and coming off the Mad Dog (or have a seniority number less than around 9k) - let me tell you, international will KILL you (see aforementioned Dr. Walker book - I’ve read it). If your seniority number is less than 9k, you fly international WB, and you haven’t read the book - read it, but don’t lose sleep about it - bid to domestic! If your number is greater than 9.5k, all is good, do whatever you want.
Quote: I plan on making it for 35 years of retirement. I want to keel over the day after my 100th birthday party.
Oh man...you can have that. Someone needs to take me out back and shoot me around age 78.
Quote: If you are at Delta and coming off the Mad Dog (or have a seniority number less than around 9k) - let me tell you, international will KILL you (see aforementioned Dr. Walker book - I’ve read it). If your seniority number is less than 9k, you fly international WB, and you haven’t read the book - read it, but don’t lose sleep about it - bid to domestic! If your number is greater than 9.5k, all is good, do whatever you want.
Why around 9k? Is that like the cut-off line between being on rsv and lineholder on the WBs?
Quote: Why around 9k? Is that like the cut-off line between being on rsv and lineholder on the WBs?
Because he is probably around 9k and doesn't want senior people coming in above him on the widebody!
I switched from NB FO to NB CA, and moved from 19% to 99% seniority. I drive to work when the company calls. Which is every weekend.

Major time-zone shifts kill me. When my company hires navigators to shoot celestial, I’ll bid international, and not before. I mean, a nav equates to an extra box lunch to root through.
Quote: I switched from NB FO to NB CA, and moved from 19% to 99% seniority. I drive to work when the company calls. Which is every weekend.

Major time-zone shifts kill me. When my company hires navigators to shoot celestial, I’ll bid international, and not before. I mean, a nav equates to an extra box lunch to root through.
You fly for Southwest. What do you consider 'international'? Hawaii? It's not like Southwest's destinations are many time zones different than the continental US.
Quote: You fly for Southwest. What do you consider 'international'? Hawaii? It's not like Southwest's destinations are many time zones different than the continental US.
You have no idea how difficult it is to adjust from Herb time.
Oh no you didn’t!

Quote: You fly for Southwest. What do you consider 'international'? Hawaii? It's not like Southwest's destinations are many time zones different than the continental US.
Change the battery on your ‘Sarcaso-meter’.

Southwest’s Time Zone Chart is one of the reasons I’m working at WN. I have NO interest in working my way back to Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Morocco, Germany, Oman, Sri Lanka, Diego Garcia-BIOT, Japan or Guam. Now I could be convinced to ride in the back for a vacation to some of those places. But work it? Thanks, no.
What? You dont want to spend 96hr layovers in mumbai? Or 48hrs in lagos?
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 4 of 5
Go to