Mesa to fly Southern Air 737s/DHL

Subscribe
Heard a rumor that Mesa is going to be flying Southern Air’s 737s on the DHL contract. Any truth to this rumor?
Yes. There are already a lot of former Mesa pilots now employed by Southern flying both the 737 and 777. lol

Rumor around the breakfast table is that all of these former Mesa pilots can’t wait to put their old uniforms back on and once again work for their former master Jonathon O.

😜
I also heard that the AAWW execs are seriously looking into buying Western Global, Northern Air Cargo, and the Eastern Airlines name. Then they will be able to sit around patting themselves on the back, congratulating each other for owning all points on the compas.
Quote: I also heard that the AAWW execs are seriously looking into buying Western Global, Northern Air Cargo, and the Eastern Airlines name. Then they will be able to sit around patting themselves on the back, congratulating each other for owning all points on the compas.
That’s probably plan B to them losing the amalgamation arbitration award.
Quote: I also heard that the AAWW execs are seriously looking into buying Western Global, Northern Air Cargo, and the Eastern Airlines name. Then they will be able to sit around patting themselves on the back, congratulating each other for owning all points on the compas.
LOL on points of compass. If I’m AAWW, I contract or buy Swift or Miami Air, the pilots are already 737 typed. Swift has a big May class already, something like 20 pilots. Swift going to have deep pockets soon with the buyout by iAero/Blackstone closing any day.
Quote: LOL on points of compass. If I’m AAWW, I contract or buy Swift or Miami Air, the pilots are already 737 typed. Swift has a big May class already, something like 20 pilots. Swift going to have deep pockets soon with the buyout by iAero/Blackstone closing any day.
30+ hit the sims this week for Swift
Mesa could probably own those companies, but Mesa themselves could not fly those planes with their pilots due to scope violations with United/American. Can’t fly a bigger plane for another company.
Quote: Mesa could probably own those companies, but Mesa themselves could not fly those planes with their pilots due to scope violations with United/American. Can’t fly a bigger plane for another company.
Isn’t the scope restriction based on the number of seats the plane has?
Quote: Isn’t the scope restriction based on the number of seats the plane has?
It’s also based on weight.
Quote: Mesa could probably own those companies, but Mesa themselves could not fly those planes with their pilots due to scope violations with United/American. Can’t fly a bigger plane for another company.
Wouldn't be the first time Mesa created another certificate for one reason or another.