Uniform delayed...... THANKFULLY!

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 11
Go to
https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/...hoo&yptr=yahoo
Thank goodness!

And hopefully a line pilot will be part of the up/down on the next version long before it goes to a wear test.

Lee
Quote: Thank goodness!

And hopefully a line pilot will be part of the up/down on the next version long before it goes to a wear test.

Lee
Wasn’t our ALPA uniform rep deeply involved in the design. There was that fancy video of him being fitted and wearing the uniform. On second thought you said a “line pilot” and that most likely excludes the uniform committee. Rumor was he wanted up to 6 different ties available...for a suit called “uniform”. Brilliant.
Quote: Wasn’t our ALPA uniform rep deeply involved in the design. There was that fancy video of him being fitted and wearing the uniform. On second thought you said a “line pilot” and that most likely excludes the uniform committee. Rumor was he wanted up to 6 different ties available...for a suit called “uniform”. Brilliant.
Have zero knowledge of the process. I can only say pilots and FAs gave it a thumbs down on the line.

That’s all that is needed IMO.

Give both the company and union feedback. Make it constructive.

Worked this time at least.

Lee
Quote: Wasn’t our ALPA uniform rep deeply involved in the design. There was that fancy video of him being fitted and wearing the uniform. On second thought you said a “line pilot” and that most likely excludes the uniform committee. Rumor was he wanted up to 6 different ties available...for a suit called “uniform”. Brilliant.

Sometimes it may be in ALPA's best interest to pull back from certain things. This may be one of them.

We have uniform committee reps involved in the process.

Why exactly?

To me this is like having ALPA reps being forced to come up with concessions for a concessionary contract. ALPA might be wise to turn away from some specific opportunities to collaborate with the company.

I do like collaboration when and where it counts....FOQA, ASAP, and Safety come to mind. Great upside to the pilots and the profession.

I don't see much upside for ALPA or the committee volunteers on this one. They'll have egg on their face no matter what the outcome.

Professional, conservative, and easy to wear. Those should be the three over-riding principles.

The company is pushing purple, and color pallets derived from social and demographic studies on calming and pleasing shades and hues of colors that professional pilots wouldn't wear to the Queens Jubilee, wedding, funeral, business luncheon, speaking engagement, or on a 8 day international W pairing.

Perhaps ALPA should walk away from the process. Our interest aren't co-aligned and are therefore unequally yoked. Union participation in any company led process should provide unity to and on behalf of our pilots. It shouldn't divide the pilots, but bring them together. Since this is not the case, the union should not participate in this exercise in futility, nor should we spend ALPA resources on it (human or tangible).
Quote: Sometimes it may be in ALPA's best interest to pull back from certain things. This may be one of them.

Why exactly?

To me this is like having ALPA reps being forced to come up with concessions for a concessionary contract. ALPA might be wise to turn away from some specific opportunities to collaborate with the company.

I do like collaboration when and where it counts....FOQA, ASAP, and Safety come to mind. Great upside to the pilots and the profession.

I don't see much upside for ALPA or the committee volunteers on this one. They'll have egg on their face no matter what the outcome.

Professional, conservative, and easy to wear. Those should be the three over-riding principles.

The company is pushing purple, and color pallets derived from social and demographic studies on calming and pleasing shades and hues of colors that professional pilots wouldn't wear to the Queens Jubilee, wedding, funeral, business luncheon, speaking engagement, or on a 8 day international W pairing.

Perhaps ALPA should walk away from the process. Our interest aren't co-aligned and are therefore unequally yoked. Union participation in any company led process should provide unity to and on behalf of our pilots. It shouldn't divide the pilots, but bring them together. Since this is not the case, the union should not participate in this exercise in futility, nor should we spend ALPA resources on it (human or tangible).
This is a terrible take. Just because you don't like the color of the tie does not mean that the ALPA reps haven't stopped EVEN WORSE uniform ideas from happening.
Pilots at home wearing white new balance sneakers and jorts asking to be included in the process. As pilots we do a lot of things well. Fashion sense just isn't one of them. Just keep it classy and easy to maintain.
Quote: Pilots at home wearing white new balance sneakers and jorts asking to be included in the process. As pilots we do a lot of things well. Fashion sense just isn't one of them. Just keep it classy and easy to maintain.
Which the new uniform was neither.
Quote: Sometimes it may be in ALPA's best interest to pull back from certain things. This may be one of them.

Why exactly?

Did you not see ALPA was the driver behind the design? The company just wants guys to show up looking professional. I bet if you asked kirby he would prefer our uniform be like everything else, built by the lowest bidder. Our uniform committee was bent on a “unique” design to separate us from our express partners. They wanted 6 different ties and the best money can buy. This was an ALPA creation. Much like the zebra is a horse designed by committee our trial uniform was a zebra.
Passengers don't want purple or hues or fancy fashion from pilots. They want to see a pilots uniform be white New Balance sneakers, tall white socks and a t-shirt tucked into jorts with a belt. That's the only look you need to instill confidence with our passengers.

Quote: Pilots at home wearing white new balance sneakers and jorts asking to be included in the process.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 11
Go to