Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Dynamic Aviation Hiring

Old 05-04-2020, 09:59 AM
CFIing

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Last I heard as second hand information is that hiring is currently frozen. What side are you applying for? ISR?
Old 11-11-2020, 10:53 AM
On a beach with no ocean

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: Unmanned

Any current info out there, anyone....anyone.....anyone.....?
Old 04-16-2022, 02:38 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2022
Default Interview

Good afternoon,

I was just called by Dynamic for the ADA SIC position and invited to interview. They sent the email with all the information about the process to include the desktop sim. Has anyone else recently went in for an interview and taken the sim test? If you could give a little bit of information about what they had you do would be very helpful. I know that the sim is old and they are not expecting perfection but it has been awhile since I had to fly instruments on steam gauges. They also mentioned something about doing an NDB which I know how to do but have never actually done it in the aircraft. Do they have you do a hold or just a normal NDB tracking? Thanks for any information you can provide

Mike
Old 04-22-2022, 08:07 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Originally Posted by Zman3030 View Post
Good afternoon,

I was just called by Dynamic for the ADA SIC position and invited to interview. They sent the email with all the information about the process to include the desktop sim. Has anyone else recently went in for an interview and taken the sim test? If you could give a little bit of information about what they had you do would be very helpful. I know that the sim is old and they are not expecting perfection but it has been awhile since I had to fly instruments on steam gauges. They also mentioned something about doing an NDB which I know how to do but have never actually done it in the aircraft. Do they have you do a hold or just a normal NDB tracking? Thanks for any information you can provide

Mike
I interviewed there a few years ago. The sim is a tabletop ATD, fairly good shape. They will brief you on the sim profile before the actual "flight" plus a 10 minute warm up session to fly an approach on your own. I believe the sim is setup for a Bonanza (basic 6 pack, no glass...if memory serves), single engine (they will give you the power settings) in IMC. If memory serves, you will fly a SID, back to VOR and do a full approach. I can't remember if there was any NBD work involved. I think there was an ILS as well. Basically, they are looking for a good instrument scan, callouts, procedures and basic situational awareness.
Old 04-22-2022, 05:29 PM
New Hire

Default Dynamic Interview

Thanks for the information. That is what I figured with the email they sent. Just doesnt seem to be any newer information from anyone that interviewed in the last year. After I do my interview I will come back and update. I do know that everyone will get a different clearance which is fine as I know they dont want someone to show up basically with the test already known which is a good thing.
Old 05-04-2022, 12:41 PM
New Hire

Default Dynamic Interview

Ok just got back from the interview and wanted to give an update. The email they send is spot on with what is going to happen. The sim test was easier than I was making it out to be and actually stressed myself out more than I should have. It is a standard IFR type flight. You will do an ODP which for me was initially tracking to an NDB then vectors to the victor airway and track inbound on the VOR. Once I got close enough I was given direct to the IAF which in my case happened to be a NDB then did an ILS approach. Go missed and do the published. After that the sim was paused and they ask what I did good and what I did that was bad. Really straight forward and the instructor is very professional and easy going so made it less stressful. The interview portion with the HR team which was really laid back environment and was asked the standard questions. Was very positive experience for me and will speak very highly of them for that. Now I just get to play the waiting game to see if they call me back for a training date. Thanks for all the info others have given on them and good luck to others who apply.
Old 06-05-2022, 07:39 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2015

Ok just got back from the interview and wanted to give an update. The email they send is spot on with what is going to happen. The sim test was easier than I was making it out to be and actually stressed myself out more than I should have. It is a standard IFR type flight. You will do an ODP which for me was initially tracking to an NDB then vectors to the victor airway and track inbound on the VOR. Once I got close enough I was given direct to the IAF which in my case happened to be a NDB then did an ILS approach. Go missed and do the published. After that the sim was paused and they ask what I did good and what I did that was bad. Really straight forward and the instructor is very professional and easy going so made it less stressful. The interview portion with the HR team which was really laid back environment and was asked the standard questions. Was very positive experience for me and will speak very highly of them for that. Now I just get to play the waiting game to see if they call me back for a training date. Thanks for all the info others have given on them and good luck to others who apply.

hey
any update on the hiring process ?

Was this for the dash 8 SIC position ?
Old 06-05-2022, 08:11 PM
New Hire

Default Interview

No this was for the King Air Aerial Survey SIC position. Unfortunately I was not hired and I noticed that they changed the job posting for higher minimums. Good luck to you if you apply.
Old 06-06-2022, 05:26 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2015

No this was for the King Air Aerial Survey SIC position. Unfortunately I was not hired and I noticed that they changed the job posting for higher minimums. Good luck to you if you apply.

I was very close to interviewing with them in early 2020. I didn’t have the 300 pressurized airplane hours and Covid hit around the same time.

I see them hiring again for The dash 8 pilot job. I’m going contact my old recruiter and apply online also.
Old 06-06-2022, 06:21 PM
New Hire

Default Interview

Yeah the interview was very relaxed. Made it a very pleasurable experience and they were quick to respond even though I was not hired.