Possible to get a job still?

Subscribe
Hi, my name is Matthew and I'm currently 19 years old. I plan on going to a 4-year college and afterward going to ATP school. Once I finish all that, my plan is to fly for the regionals and then flow to the majors. My only concern is, I was given a reckless driving ticket a few months back and understand the circumstances regarding that. However, the judge said she'll reduce it to a speeding ticket. Do I still have a chance of becoming a commercial pilot?

Thank you,

Matthew DiSalvo
Quote: Hi, my name is Matthew and I'm currently 19 years old. I plan on going to a 4-year college and afterward going to ATP school. Once I finish all that, my plan is to fly for the regionals and then flow to the majors. My only concern is, I was given a reckless driving ticket a few months back and understand the circumstances regarding that. However, the judge said she'll reduce it to a speeding ticket. Do I still have a chance of becoming a commercial pilot?

Thank you,

Matthew DiSalvo
Nope. You’re done for. Go sell burgers out of a van or something. That’s assuming anyone would still even let you near a van with that speeding ticket on your record.
Quote: Hi, my name is Matthew and I'm currently 19 years old. I plan on going to a 4-year college and afterward going to ATP school. Once I finish all that, my plan is to fly for the regionals and then flow to the majors. My only concern is, I was given a reckless driving ticket a few months back and understand the circumstances regarding that. However, the judge said she'll reduce it to a speeding ticket. Do I still have a chance of becoming a commercial pilot?

Thank you,

Matthew DiSalvo
LOL. Dont make a habit of careless driving, or living, and you should be fine. Everyone makes mistakes
Quote: Nope. You’re done for. Go sell burgers out of a van or something. That’s assuming anyone would still even let you near a van with that speeding ticket on your record.
Matthew D,
You’ll be fine. Just chuckle at jokes like the above one, and don’t get any more moving violations, especially if they involve drugs or alcohol. Good luck!
You'll be fine. Try not to get any more traffic tickets until after you're employed at your career-destination airline. More than a couple can be a problem.
Phew, thanks for the replies a lot!
By their reputation, I’d be more concerned about pinking a check at ATP.

GF
Make sure to do what you need to to get that reckless driving charge down to a ticket!!