Atlas vs PSA (AA regional)

Subscribe
4  5  6  7  8  9  10 
Page 8 of 10
Go to
Quote: you said it better than I did.
Cujo can add ACMI carriers to the whipsaw list, including the one that he works for, and the one that OP (might?) still be working for. I wonder which fork OP took.
Quote: Cujo can add ACMI carriers to the whipsaw list, including the one that he works for, and the one that OP (might?) still be working for. I wonder which fork OP took.
That wasn’t what he asked; but I’d generally agree with your assessment.
Quote: Go to PSA. You have career insurance there. The best Atlas can hope for in the next contact still won't approach what American will give you in the long term. We may get a contact next year, and you may regret the move for a little while. In the long term you have a future at PSA. Flow whether in 6 or ten years trumps anything we can or will be able to offer. Atlas is a dead- end.
I'm close in age with visualapp, but he has the 747 experience I don't have. I have a similar job choice to make. When looking for the next step does having the type on the 747 (or let's say 777) matter more or does getting more time matter more?
747 type without the turbojet 121 pic is not worth much. Some guys manage to get there without it but I’d say they are the exception. if you had a couple thousand in the left seat of an Rj and still nobody calls maybe a heavy type will help but 121 pic is the gold standard for career progression. Even if you did upgrade at Atlas in 3 years (which you probably won’t)it would take a few years to get a 1000 hours pic. better to have it before you come.
Quote: 747 type without the turbojet 121 pic is not worth much. Some guys manage to get there without it but I’d say they are the exception. if you had a couple thousand in the left seat of an Rj and still nobody calls maybe a heavy type will help but 121 pic is the gold standard for career progression.[...] better to have it before you come.

I have seen too many fellow crew members upset about not getting the call, and I managed to get one with the same experience but more 121 PIC.

This advice is golden.
Quote: 747 type without the turbojet 121 pic is not worth much. Some guys manage to get there without it but I’d say they are the exception. if you had a couple thousand in the left seat of an Rj and still nobody calls maybe a heavy type will help but 121 pic is the gold standard for career progression. Even if you did upgrade at Atlas in 3 years (which you probably won’t)it would take a few years to get a 1000 hours pic. better to have it before you come.
very much appreciated
Agreed. Fast upgrade at PSA along with a future however many years away beats anything we can offer. Plus it looks like we will have another arbitrated cba.
Quote: Agreed. Fast upgrade at PSA along with a future however many years away beats anything we can offer. Plus it looks like we will have another arbitrated cba.
Amr’ s old industry average indexing at its finest. Same old wore out playbook, new different faces.
Quote: B****ip
������ What????
My lowly opinion is that a regional with a flow through is better job security than any ACMI or cargo contractor.
4  5  6  7  8  9  10 
Page 8 of 10
Go to