Republic or skywest

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to
I have an interview with skywest in July and republic just emailed me saying they are setting up interviews in July also for classes in Oct /Nov /Dec. I have a screener call next week with republic. Im anticipating hitting my mins end of aug/early Sept. I understand living in base is ideal (live and from Pittsburgh). If I got hired by OO I'd commute to ord or dtw as that's the easiest. I also know OO is taking classes in Sept. Is it worth waiting an extra month or 2 to work for a regional where I already live (republic) then starting seniority asap as I would with OO?
Take the first job that is offered. Problem solved. Then you can make decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you live East go to Republic... only advantage of OO being out east is it’s very Jr. so you would move up fast, as most want West..
Quote: I have an interview with skywest in July and republic just emailed me saying they are setting up interviews in July also for classes in Oct /Nov /Dec. I have a screener call next week with republic. Im anticipating hitting my mins end of aug/early Sept. I understand living in base is ideal (live and from Pittsburgh). If I got hired by OO I'd commute to ord or dtw as that's the easiest. I also know OO is taking classes in Sept. Is it worth waiting an extra month or 2 to work for a regional where I already live (republic) then starting seniority asap as I would with OO?
Considering you can hold PIT right away as an FO. And upgrade to captain there..... the 2 months of seniority is not worth it at all. And for a commute? No way. Stick with Republic. Big things happening here
Quote: Considering you can hold PIT right away as an FO. And upgrade to captain there..... the 2 months of seniority is not worth it at all. And for a commute? No way. Stick with Republic. Big things happening here
That's what I'm kinda thinking. Holding pit would be ideal. Heard it's pretty senior for capt though. Obviously I'd have to get cjos first, but I do like to have a plan.
Quote: That's what I'm kinda thinking. Holding pit would be ideal. Heard it's pretty senior for capt though. Obviously I'd have to get cjos first, but I do like to have a plan.
PIT as CA? Nah, it's fairly JR, unless I misread something... I think most guys either hold PIT as a Captain right away or before they finish training and hit the line.
Quote: I have an interview with skywest in July and republic just emailed me saying they are setting up interviews in July also for classes in Oct /Nov /Dec. I have a screener call next week with republic. Im anticipating hitting my mins end of aug/early Sept. I understand living in base is ideal (live and from Pittsburgh). If I got hired by OO I'd commute to ord or dtw as that's the easiest. I also know OO is taking classes in Sept. Is it worth waiting an extra month or 2 to work for a regional where I already live (republic) then starting seniority asap as I would with OO?
I've always said waiting for a class date for a regional is one of the dumbest things a young pilot could do.

That being said, since Republic has killed ORD and I'll most likely never see it as a captain and will probably be commuting for the entirety of my career here I can say without a doubt the best QOL factor is living in base. If you live in PIT I would wait for Republic. Just know you're handcuffing yourself to the northeast nightmare until you move on.
Quote: I've always said waiting for a class date for a regional is one of the dumbest things a young pilot could do.

That being said, since Republic has killed ORD and I'll most likely never see it as a captain and will probably be commuting for the entirety of my career here I can say without a doubt the best QOL factor is living in base. If you live in PIT I would wait for Republic. Just know you're handcuffing yourself to the northeast nightmare until you move on.
Anyone from Republic wanna start a metal band with me? Our first three songs... 1. Killed ORD 2. Handcuffed 3. Northeast Nightmare

I’ll start writing lyrics.
Quote: Anyone from Republic wanna start a metal band with me? Our first three songs... 1. Killed ORD 2. Handcuffed 3. Northeast Nightmare

Write a song titled God Bless and I’m in.
Quote: Anyone from Republic wanna start a metal band with me? Our first three songs... 1. Killed ORD 2. Handcuffed 3. Northeast Nightmare

Need a drummer?
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to