30/168 and X-day(s)

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote: I have over 3 days available. I tried to load most of my x-days at the end of the month because I’m moving. I have a couple odd x-days placed to what appears to solve the 30 hour off requirement. I’m unable to move them.
PBS does not place X-days based on 30/168...you either are awarded an X-day (if you asked for it) or not because of coverage. However, PCS will deny a move for 30/168. Check out page 72 in the scheduling reference handbook.
Quote: PBS does not place X-days based on 30/168...you either are awarded an X-day (if you asked for it) or not because of coverage. However, PCS will deny a move for 30/168. Check out page 72 in the scheduling reference handbook.
If that is true, it is fairly new as I spent the first half of last year moving all my x days into singe blocks.
Quote: If that is true, it is fairly new as I spent the first half of last year moving all my x days into singe blocks.
From the SRH dated April 2017

Quote:
X-Day Moves and the 30/168 Requirement
FAR 117 requires a pilot to have 30 hours of rest in the 168 hour period immediately preceding an assignment
to short call or to a rotation. PBS awards are not affected by this requirement, however certain X-day move
requests are denied for this reason. The PCS system, in order to ensure compliance with this rule, will deny
an X-day move if it does not provide at least 30 consecutive hours of rest in each 168 hour period, unless that
condition already exists as a result of the pilot’s PBS award. In most cases, this will require two contiguous
X-days in each seven calendar days.

The PCS programming uses the following logic:
• The move cannot create a 30 in 168 violation, if one didn’t exist, or
• if a pilot already has seven days on call, then the X-day(s) move cannot create more than 13 days oncall
(This is because one violation already exists and allowing more than 13 contiguous days on-call
would create a second violation).
FWIW, I just moved the x-day that met the 168\30 pattern to join up with a single x-day I did not move. I’m now going to try and move the two of them...
You can’t exceed more than 5 x-day blocks in a month. Not sure if that’s related to your problem.
Don’t give up in close. Say you get a trip, then put in rest. Or day 1 is long call and not used. May be able to move at that point as your are not creating a violation. I do think you are not able to move inside 72 hours....put I’d have to look that number up to be sure.
I was able to move 1 of 2 single x-days onto the unmoved single x-day. Then on the next run - I was allowed to move both x-days.

For whatever reason, I was not allowed to move two single x-days, in order to combine them on different dates.

Maybe it helps someone in the future...appreciate all the help here.
Quote: Don’t give up in close. Say you get a trip, then put in rest. Or day 1 is long call and not used. May be able to move at that point as your are not creating a violation. I do think you are not able to move inside 72 hours....put I’d have to look that number up to be sure.
Long call is not rest. It is 24/7 "not rest" and then you are put in rest when given an assignment.
Quote: Long call is not rest. It is 24/7 "not rest" and then you are put in rest when given an assignment.
Good point.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to