E175 order for United Express at Paris Show

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Quote: I thought deal for Skywest was to get next batch of 175s. Would make sense since they are giving gojet 29 crj to get modified...
Pretty sure this is accurate. While OO typically only flies their planes, they have a few aircraft owned by Delta.
Quote: Pretty sure this is accurate. While OO typically only flies their planes, they have a few aircraft owned by Delta.
Yep. All there 900 “atmospheres” are DL owned along with a few other 700/900’s.. I'm still putting my money on XJT. But at the expense of some 145’s that 550’s will replace...
Quote: Yep. All there 900 “atmospheres” are DL owned along with a few other 700/900’s.. I'm still putting my money on XJT. But at the expense of some 145’s that 550’s will replace...
United can have as many 50 seaters it wants. The scope is issue so they need to rid themselves of CRJ700s
Quote: United can have as many 50 seaters it wants. The scope is issue so they need to rid themselves of CRJ700s
They can. But do they want to......
Quote: Compass to replace the 20 going back to AAG
Id be shocked if CP didn’t make a play for them. On the other hand I’d be shocked if the American birds leave in the next couple of years unless AAG is willing to buy out the contract.
None of us will be needed soon according to Airbus executives at the Paris Air Show

https://apnews.com/d8d911a9f1844df1a314a42c346e74a4
Quote: Id be shocked if CP didn’t make a play for them. On the other hand I’d be shocked if the American birds leave in the next couple of years unless AAG is willing to buy out the contract.
When does the contract end? I’ve heard different things, but 2020 is the common answer.
Quote: When does the contract end? I’ve heard different things, but 2020 is the common answer.
That’s the delta contract. The 20 AA planes are still a few years away 2222/23 from what I’ve seen on here.
Quote: That’s the delta contract. The 20 AA planes are still a few years away 2222/23 from what I’ve seen on here.
I think it’s even a bit later than that even.
Quote: None of us will be needed soon according to Airbus executives at the Paris Air Show

https://apnews.com/d8d911a9f1844df1a314a42c346e74a4
I would be amazed if this transpired in the next 20 years, at the soonest. They may have the technology to fly themselves, obviously we have auto pilot now, but it is the infrastructure that would need to go in, world wide to make it happen. All it would take is for something to happen on a flight and it would all come crashing down, no pun intended. Humans are an interesting breed in that we can accept human failure and move on, however when technology fails we have an assumption that it should be perfect all the time.

We haven't even perfected any form of driverless vehicle yet and this guy is saying he is ready for us to move hundreds of people around at a time without one.

The Max debacle set this back even further in terms of public opinion. I do think that the current batch of pilots coming into the industry are the last of the two pilot age, perhaps even any pilot age, however that is still a 40 year window.
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to