Any military veterans that used the GI Bill?

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote: I went through a Liberty affiliate (Ocala Aviation). G.I. Bill paid for my commercial, instrument, and multi. I also got my bachelors. I still have 14 months of benefits left. The only thing I came out of pocket for was my PPL.
Frosty88, what was your experience with Liberty and Ocala Aviation? What was the process for paying for the training? Did you have to arrange VA payments with Liberty or Ocala? Were you able to do an accelerated training program? Were you working on Liberty's BS in Aviation? If so, why did you have to pay for your PPL? I had the impression that as long as it's part of the degree, the VA would pay for it. Additionally, when the VA did cover the rest of your flight training, was it covered at 100% or did you have to apply for yellow ribbon scholarships?

I am currently enrolled with ER Worldwide but was planning to transfer to the Daytona Beach campus once I retire in Aug 2020. If I can find a cheaper, online program, with R-ATP, AND covered by the VA, sign me up.

Thanks!
I used the Post911 option. When I did, it covered the private add on, but it went away a few months after. It will cover $13k per academic year which resets each August. Heard of some people having issues, but I personally didn't.
I used some of my post 9/11 GI bill benefits for Instrument, and Commercial SEL ratings. Let me know if you have questions.. I just posted another thread asking if anyone has used DoD SkillBridge internship/OJT to help get add'l ratings and/or build time towards ATP mins. If anyone has details about that, please reply:

DoD SkillBridge and Career Skills Program

thanks,
Phlyfan9
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to