KAL, been waiting for this one

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
Just after they announced their aircraft purchase. 787s anyone?

https://news.delta.com/delta-equity-...ner-korean-air
https://aviationweek.com/awin/ex-im-bank-finances-record-796-million-kal-order

I wonder if we are still opposed to ex/im bank.
Do you have any idea how much stock we could buy back with $796M?!
Quite a turnaround for an airline with several high profile crashes in the 1990s.
Quote: Quite a turnaround for an airline with several high profile crashes in the 1990s.
That was **** flying back then. Times have changed.
Quote: That was *** flying back then. Times have changed.
I love it Asiana plows one in hard through utter stupidity so we all have to crack down on stabilized approach criteria. Fly fast and take chances, dammit.
The Delta pilot 787 SJS continues to be amusing to watch(in general not this thread in particular). There are currently 2 brand new 330NEOs at TechOps being on boarded that pay exactly the same as the 787. 30+ more deliveries to go.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Quote: The Delta pilot 787 SJS continues to be amusing to watch(in general not this thread in particular). There are currently 2 brand new 330NEOs at TechOps being on boarded that pay exactly the same as the 787. 30+ more deliveries to go.
I don't think its fair to call it Shiny Jet Syndrome when, like you said, we're getting lots of brand new Shiny Jets. I think its more of a legitimate concern that we aren't getting that very popular and capabile plane, but pretty much everyone else is including our competition and all our "partners" [scope violations notwithstanding amirite] are, and in most cases both the 787 and 330 or 350.

No arguement can be made for the 787 not being an exceptional and capabile AC, and "we" are getting them in our "team" network, but its every other seniority list that benefits from flying them [mass quantities of scope violations notwithstanding] yet we can't/won't fly them, yet we can't/won't wait for them to be delivered to our "partners" so they can fly them, including against our home country competition that flies them along with the same large AB's we're getting.
Quote: The Delta pilot 787 SJS continues to be amusing to watch(in general not this thread in particular). There are currently 2 brand new 330NEOs at TechOps being on boarded that pay exactly the same as the 787. 30+ more deliveries to go.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
But the 330NEOs don't start down at the top of descent on their own. Ergo, you have to work harder on a 330 NEO than a 787 pilot would and for the same pay. I hope the negotiators factor that in when they hit Section 3 discussions. 😁
Quote: But the 330NEOs don't start down at the top of descent on their own. Ergo, you have to work harder on a 330 NEO than a 787 pilot would and for the same pay. I hope the negotiators factor that in when they hit Section 3 discussions. 😁
You can trick it to start down but its a lot of button pushing and not really worth the ROI.
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to