Question about AC type and base request

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Question:

If you are a new hire, and by some miracle get the E-175 as first aircraft, but eventually want to get back to DFW as a base (non E-175 location), does the fact you fly the 175 hurt your chances ?

Thank you
Quote: Question:

If you are a new hire, and by some miracle get the E-175 as first aircraft, but eventually want to get back to DFW as a base (non E-175 location), does the fact you fly the 175 hurt your chances ?

Thank you
No. As soon as your seat lock is up bid DFW CRJ....
Quote: No. As soon as your seat lock is up bid DFW CRJ....
How long is this seat lock period ?
2 years seatlock
Quote: How long is this seat lock period ?
The seat lock doesn’t apply if you upgrade. You should be able to hold DFW in under two years I imagine as CA so you might consider upgrading straight into the CRJ from the right seat in the 175.
Quote: 2 years seatlock
Is it really two years to transition after new-hire? They must have changed that, I thought it was only a year to change planes.
Quote: Is it really two years to transition after new-hire? They must have changed that, I thought it was only a year to change planes.
Yeah, they changed it with a TA we voted in a couple years ago, it was something we gave up.

Also, technically, there is a 12 month seat lock for new hires to upgrade, but VD personally told me that the seat lock can be waived for company need (aka short on captains).
I thought if you didn’t pick a aircraft type it was a 1 year seat lock...???...
So just to be O.C.D. clear

If I get a CRJ as a new-hire, I can go to DFW as soon as seniority/etc allows. No seat-lock.

The new-hire who wishes DFW as soon as possible should probably try to get the CRJ as first-aircraft, yes ?
Quote: So just to be O.C.D. clear

If I get a CRJ as a new-hire, I can go to DFW as soon as seniority/etc allows. No seat-lock.

The new-hire who wishes DFW as soon as possible should probably try to get the CRJ as first-aircraft, yes ?
That’s correct
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to