Is it always this hard to get through to FAA?

Subscribe
Been trying to get a call through to the medical appeals folks at (405) 954-4821 and it is saying high call volume and hanging up. Is this a one day thing? Is there any other way to contact them?

Basically, they are saygin that they never received my documentation that they requested for an SI. I have tracking that shows it arrived there 2 weeks ago. Now I can't even get a call through.
Yes. I got through to OKC by calling within the first 5 minutes after they opened. The best thing to do is find a number for your regional office and call them. The computer systems are all linked so they should be able to help you in some fashion.

Take it from a guy who had them lose his paperwork.
Sometimes it helps to go through your regional FAA flight surgeon’s office. They can see what’s in the system a least.
It took me about 8 months to get paperwork from the FAA that I requested. It arrived too late for me to use it...

If you mail anything, send it so that someone has to sign for the delivery, so you have proof that the FAA received it.

Good luck, God Bless, and Namaste...
When you dial in, USE OPTION 6!
Hi all,

I have learned that when you call the FAA Aeromedical number and hit the number to learn about the status of your Medical, you will 9 out of 10 times be told to call back at another time.

Instead, hit Option 6 (for physicians) and they will answer every time.
Go to this website: https://www.faa.gov/licenses_certifi...ification/rfs/. Find the flight surgeon's office for your state and call them directly. You'll have much better results.