Training footprint

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Could someone post the current training footprint for a new hire at Allegiant? How much time at each phase/location, etc. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
I would say plan 4-6 weeks of ground and sim. If OE isnt backed up that usually takes a week and a half.
Quote: I would say plan 4-6 weeks of ground and sim. If OE isnt backed up that usually takes a week and a half.
Mine was exactly 10 weeks from day 1 of ground to last day of IOE, including about 4 weeks break in between.
That doesn’t sound too bad at all. How long is ground school and how long are sims? In Vegas or orlando?
Quote: That doesn’t sound too bad at all. How long is ground school and how long are sims? In Vegas or orlando?
My info is dated so it might have been compressed but I remember ground school being about 3 weeks. After that you go into about 3 weeks of SITs and flight sims. All the training was done in Vegas as I believe they are using Orlando as a recurrent training hub.
It has been a few years, but for my class, it was 2 weeks of Company Indoc, 3 weeks of systems ground, 10 SIT Sessions, then type oral, 10 sim sessions, then Check ride and LOFT. Indoc and ground were Monday-Friday with weekends off. With sim schedule, holidays and a week wait for OE, it took 3 months from day 1 through OE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3 weeks of ground instruction, which is practically worthless. Highly recommend paying for one of the ground instruction programs and study that. There are a few Quizlet question banks done up specifically from the Allegiant Oral study guide. One of the quotes from day one...."Airmanship is not required in an AB". SIT training and SIM training are actually pretty good, except for the overloading of nonsense required on each day's syllabus (FAA directed, it seems). You will NOT be taught the checkride, that being said, I found the device training to be better than expected, given the ridiculousness of the ground training.
I was told Allegiant doesn't provide any study material prior to class. Is there a way to at least get limitations and memory items? As it was explained to me, they don't give out any study materials because there is ample time to learn everything you need from day one to finish.
Quote: I was told Allegiant doesn't provide any study material prior to class. Is there a way to at least get limitations and memory items? As it was explained to me, they don't give out any study materials because there is ample time to learn everything you need from day one to finish.
Google google google google
The Airbus doesn't have many limitations to memorize per se, and the memory items can be memorized in a lazy afternoon. You really have plenty of time to learn everything in ground school. It's an easy airplane.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to