JetBlue specific interview prep

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 4 of 7
Go to
Quote: If JetBlue is either still around or merged in the next 10 years is the bigger question.
I think that question could apply to any airline right now. As an outsider, JetBlue seems to be in a better position than most.
Quote: awesome thank you, 855 in the next 10 years is not bad at all
If one dares to look beyond COVID-19, PAX loads, and retirements I am going to go out on a limb. By 2025 or so, we will be beating the bushes, looking for pilots to fill the regionals pipeline.
Quote: If one dares to look beyond COVID-19, PAX loads, and retirements I am going to go out on a limb. By 2025 or so, we will be beating the bushes, looking for pilots to fill the regionals pipeline.
Probably earlier than that. Retirements have been artificially sped up by this situation. Demand for flying is down not because people are afraid to fly but because there is nowhere to go. As trade shows, amusement parks, and foreign borders open up again people will fly.
Quote: If one dares to look beyond COVID-19, PAX loads, and retirements I am going to go out on a limb. By 2025 or so, we will be beating the bushes, looking for pilots to fill the regionals pipeline.
I agree, while LCCs, FedEx, UPS, and legacy carriers will probably not have any issues; the regionals will struggle if there is a rebound in the next 2-4 years.
The industry has created a vacuum of early retirements. Right now that’s what we need, obviously, but when the industry recovers it’s only going to make the “shortage” worse. It’s actually probably a good thing for anyone not getting furloughed.
Quote: Probably earlier than that. Retirements have been artificially sped up by this situation. Demand for flying is down not because people are afraid to fly but because there is nowhere to go. As trade shows, amusement parks, and foreign borders open up again people will fly.
Unfortunately it probably won't be that easy. A large part of the working population have had to dip significantly into their savings. So they might not be willing to spend as much on travel right away. There will probably be a temporary uptick in travel from retired boomers who have a tidy nest egg. But once the initial itch of being home bound for this extended period get scratched, they might pull back on frivolous travel expenses as well. It's really difficult to predict what is going to happen at this junction though
Quote: Unfortunately it probably won't be that easy. A large part of the working population have had to dip significantly into their savings. So they might not be willing to spend as much on travel right away. There will probably be a temporary uptick in travel from retired boomers who have a tidy nest egg. But once the initial itch of being home bound for this extended period get scratched, they might pull back on frivolous travel expenses as well. It's really difficult to predict what is going to happen at this junction though
The personal saving rate in the U.S. has more than doubled over the past few months and disposable personal income has increased dramatically year-over-year. I’m sure anecdotally there are people who won’t travel due to their personal financial situation, but statistically, funding the trips should be less of an issue than it was in 2019.
I am interested in the JB specific interview prep as well. Please PM thanks!
There really isn’t any specific JetBlue prep. If you’re so inclined and really motivated I’d recommend Checked and Set or something similar, but the interview here is as non-technical as you can get. TMAAT questions, Why JetBlue, gauging your knowledge of the company (values), etc. That said, your optimism in thinking we’ll be holding interviews any time soon is impressive...
Are we hiring?
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 4 of 7
Go to