ExpressJet base

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to
I live in Iah I was wondering what is the most junior base and which would help me the most?
EWR, but you would be insane to commute when you live in base. They’re so short you’ll fly more than you ever hope to and then some.

You’d also be insane to want to come to this dumpster fire of a place so what the heck, commute to EWR! Welcome aboard!
EWR is but also you can get any base in training except TYS. In the last bid the most junior person to hold a line in IAH was at 7 months DOH.
So what makes it a dumpster fire?
Quote: So what makes it a dumpster fire?
Depends on who you ask
Quote: Depends on who you ask
I’ll ask you. Your reasoning?
Quote: EWR, but you would be insane to commute when you live in base. They’re so short you’ll fly more than you ever hope to and then some.

You’d also be insane to want to come to this dumpster fire of a place so what the heck, commute to EWR! Welcome aboard!
And I’m interested in “flyrights” perspective. Why is it a dumpster fire?
Quote: And I’m interested in “flyrights” perspective. Why is it a dumpster fire?
Because it’s a regional. There are worse regionals and there are better ones. At the better ones you will be on reserve in DTW or somewhere around NYC for foreseeable future. If you want an immediate TX base it’s XJT or Mesa.

There are some pilots that are pretty unhappy with the way things have turned out for them over the last year or so. They are all pilots that have been here for a very long time and have not moved on successfully and have a severe case of the raw arse. If you are looking around for a reason to be unhappy it’s not too hard to find in any walk of life. You have to remember why you chose this.
Quote: Because it’s a regional. There are worse regionals and there are better ones. At the better ones you will be on reserve in DTW or somewhere around NYC for foreseeable future. If you want an immediate TX base it’s XJT or Mesa.

There are some pilots that are pretty unhappy with the way things have turned out for them over the last year or so. They are all pilots that have been here for a very long time and have not moved on successfully and have a severe case of the raw arse. If you are looking around for a reason to be unhappy it’s not too hard to find in any walk of life. You have to remember why you chose this.
That’s all well and good, but none of the reasons you listed make the place a “dumpster fire.” Those are all reasons for an individual to be personally disgusted. I’m looking for specifics on why xjt is a so-called “dumpster fire.”
Quote: That’s all well and good, but none of the reasons you listed make the place a “dumpster fire.” Those are all reasons for an individual to be personally disgusted. I’m looking for specifics on why xjt is a so-called “dumpster fire.”
It’s not a dumpster fire. It was a year ago before being bought by United. Right now it is quite the opposite of a dumpster fire. New planes coming in weekly, growth and tons of opportunity.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to