Sept Bidding Open?

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
It's open, but no bidding parameters sheet again. Can't really bid if you don't know the min and max times per category...…
The parameters are there just create a bid group and then populate the trip pool and you will see the current bid range
Quote: The parameters are there just create a bid group and then populate the trip pool and you will see the current bid range
Got it, thanks. I hadn't seen the range up on the top of the bidding window before.
Quote: It's open, but no bidding parameters sheet again. Can't really bid if you don't know the min and max times per category...…
The bid sheet is very helpful. Especially when viewing other bases/equipment. Why is it no longer available?
Quote: The bid sheet is very helpful. Especially when viewing other bases/equipment. Why is it no longer available?
No idea. It's happened before. Last time, bidding opened before the advertised window like it did yesterday, and the bid sheet was posted the next day. I just checked again, and it's not out yet. Might be a good question for ALPA scheduling committee. I don't know if this is a change, or just slow posting it.
oops, had a wrong setting
Quote: The parameters are there just create a bid group and then populate the trip pool and you will see the current bid range
After looking at it again, if you include an hourly bid range, the trip pool numbers only reflect the bid range you have selected, and are not correct for the month. As far as I know, the PBS G-line and Bidding parameters sheet are the only mean of accurately determining the hours range.

I did ask our Council 34 scheduling guy, and he verified, the sheet is still being used, they were just slow in posting it.

Its on the web site now.
Correct it has always shown the bid range that you bid, but if you leave it blank or bid wide then the range should be accurate, and the published range equals what was showing when pbs opened at least for my BES. I have never seen it change until the 10th which we know can change.
Just wanted to get some feedback about bidding in a vacation month? Maximize days off....bid a low credit line? I remember the PBS gurus putting out something about this a few years back. Couldn’t find it. Thx..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: Just wanted to get some feedback about bidding in a vacation month? Maximize days off....bid a low credit line? I remember the PBS gurus putting out something about this a few years back. Couldn’t find it. Thx..
Search for the "PTC MPG PAY Calculator" Excel spreadsheet in the eLibrary at ual.alpa.org

Plug in your info for the month via the pull-down boxes and it will give you the info you are looking for.

Generally speaking, if you want maximum days off MPG will drive your strategy. The calculator will show you how many hours you need to work for a legal PBS award as well as how many hours you might work for "free" if you bid for more than that.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to