Training Program

Subscribe
Are there any breaks for new hire airbus during training? Indoc for a week, couple weeks for systems, then sims. Any info would be appreciated.

HappyD
Been years since I did it but I think footprint is the same.

Used to be weekends off generally.

Week 1 Indic normal 8-5 with lunch break

Week 2 more Indoc type stuff, work on flows, some light systems info

Then MFTD with static trainer working on flows etc while learning about systems

Then sim

Whole thing that’s like 6ish weeks. Really good training. Enjoy it, top notch instructors.

See guys, I can contribute positive information contrary to popular belief
Quote: Are there any breaks for new hire airbus during training? Indoc for a week, couple weeks for systems, then sims. Any info would be appreciated.

HappyD
Quote:
Used to be weekends off generally.

Week 1 Indic normal 8-5 with lunch break

Week 2 more Indoc type stuff, work on flows, some light systems info

Then MFTD with static trainer working on flows etc while learning about systems

Then sim

Whole thing that’s like 6ish weeks. Really good training. Enjoy it, top notch instructors.

What he said. The first week you’re in SEA for indoc, then off to SFO for systems/flows/procedures. Sim could take place in a variety of locations. We were sent to MIA, but you could be somewhere else. Just depends on sim availability.

I’m assuming you’re asking because you’re trying to find time to see your family in between. All the traveling the Airbus pilots do during training doesn’t make it easy, but I was able to get home a few times, and my family came to MIA when I had a longer break in between sims.

I second the statement about the instructors, they are really great and will get you through. Just put in the work and you’ll have no problems. Good luck, feel free to PM if you have any questions. Welcome!
Sim will probably be in Denver.
Thx guys/gals for your response. I am super excited to be starting with Alaska.