How stuck??

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote: Hey all, there are a few similar threads out there but not really any from the recent hiring climate. Internet forums aren’t the most stellar place for advice but I would like to get the input of my peers.
I’m currently approaching year 3 at a regional and was nearing upgrade, but now may be holding off and I’ll explain why. Earlier this month I was arrested for what I’m thinking will be my carrer’s killer, a DUI. I’ve reported to the FAA and followed all those steps, but now I’m not sure of what the future holds for me.
Will a legacy or ULCC ever touch you with one (in the current hiring trends)? If they won’t for a set amount of years (5? 10?) is there any reason to give up my good QoL to upgrade if I can’t move on from this regional for a while?

People who “know a guy” or have “heard a story” are welcome to answer as well. This is obviously a very saddening mistake and I’m just trying to sort out what my future will hold.

JSrider
Everyone I know with a DUI on their record had

5 years between adjudication of their offense and hired at a regional.

and

10+ years between adjudication and hired at a legacy.

It sounds like you’ve got some time for your application to become less radioactive so you can probably afford to delay your upgrade to maintain QOL in the short term.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to