Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Major > Southwest
Just wanted to say thanks >

Just wanted to say thanks

Notices

Just wanted to say thanks

Old 08-25-2019, 08:04 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: CRJ CA
Default Just wanted to say thanks

I'm a Skywest guy and frequently hop on SWA for various travel purposes. While I have decent priority on UAL since we're a UAX carrier, I generally tend to try to jumpseat on SWA instead, simply because your crews are always very welcoming and friendly to us OAL crew, and your gate agents are universally helpful in trying to get us on (like this afternoon in LAX, although I should know better than to try to go *anywhere* on the last big Sunday before school starts!). I've probably jumped on SWA 40+ times and have always been treated wonderfully. I just wanted to say thanks, and I hope that when you all ride on OO, that we are equally welcoming
Old 08-25-2019, 08:16 PM
weekends off? Nope...

Joined APC: Apr 2014

You’re welcome. Happy to have ya on board.
Old 08-26-2019, 08:36 AM
Strike averted!

Joined APC: Mar 2015
Position: B737

Welcome anytime.
Old 08-30-2019, 11:51 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2015

Originally Posted by Turbosina View Post
I'm a Skywest guy and frequently hop on SWA for various travel purposes. While I have decent priority on UAL since we're a UAX carrier, I generally tend to try to jumpseat on SWA instead, simply because your crews are always very welcoming and friendly to us OAL crew, and your gate agents are universally helpful in trying to get us on (like this afternoon in LAX, although I should know better than to try to go *anywhere* on the last big Sunday before school starts!). I've probably jumped on SWA 40+ times and have always been treated wonderfully. I just wanted to say thanks, and I hope that when you all ride on OO, that we are equally welcoming
Absolutely, we’re practically family already. ATC calls us SkyWest on the radio half the time anyway.
Old 09-05-2019, 09:50 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: CRJ CA

Originally Posted by Salukidawg View Post
Absolutely, we’re practically family already. ATC calls us SkyWest on the radio half the time anyway.
Haha, that's true. When people ask who I work for, and I say Skywest, the response invariably is 'Oh yes, Southwest' and I then have to explain the difference, and sadly, that I don't have any drink coupons I can share with them.

Actually is that even a thing anymore? The drink coupons? Forever ago in a previous life I was an A-list Preferred customer (or whatever the top tier of Rapid Rewards was called before they changed the program). At one point I think I had enough drink coupons to buy drinks for the entire airplane...
Old 09-06-2019, 04:47 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: 175 CA

Originally Posted by Turbosina View Post
Haha, that's true. When people ask who I work for, and I say Skywest, the response invariably is 'Oh yes, Southwest' and I then have to explain the difference, and sadly, that I don't have any drink coupons I can share with them.

Actually is that even a thing anymore? The drink coupons? Forever ago in a previous life I was an A-list Preferred customer (or whatever the top tier of Rapid Rewards was called before they changed the program). At one point I think I had enough drink coupons to buy drinks for the entire airplane...
Yup still have those
Old 09-06-2019, 07:08 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by Squallrider View Post
Yup still have those
We do? Where do we get them? Newb questions...
Old 09-06-2019, 04:18 PM
At your mom's house

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: cpt 737

Ask an FA. They seem to know
Old 09-07-2019, 04:42 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: 175 CA

Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
We do? Where do we get them? Newb questions...
Not sure but I often see them about
Old 09-08-2019, 04:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2017
Position: Guppy

I'll echo this sentiment. When I was commuting to MCI from AUS, WN was easily my best option.

The entire WN team was just amazing to me every time, from the gate agents, to pilots who made sure we were taken care of, to the flight attendants.

Y'all have a wonderful family and should be really proud of your airline.