Deciding on Base

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to
Thanks for the replies!
How junior is IAD on the FO side?
Quote: How junior is IAD on the FO side?
Last vacancy had a bunch of new FOs go to IAD. Seems to have gone junior over CAE at this point. I was in the top half of my class and got MKE, bottom half got IAD.
Quote: Last vacancy had a bunch of new FOs go to IAD. Seems to have gone junior over CAE at this point. I was in the top half of my class and got MKE, bottom half got IAD.
Yeah it’s weird that IAD is trending junior recently on the FO side. CAE seems to be attracting folks who want to live where it warm and the seniority level is beginning to reflect that.
Quote: Yeah it’s weird that IAD is trending junior recently on the FO side. CAE seems to be attracting folks who want to live where it warm and the seniority level is beginning to reflect that.
Out of 11 in my class 5 wanted CAE, none got it. The one guy that wanted IAD got it
People in my class (start date in October) got either MKE or IAD). Thankfully I live in the DC area [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I want to have ORD as a base, is Air Wis a good place to go? Honest to God all I want is to have an Chicago base lol.
Quote: If I want to have ORD as a base, is Air Wis a good place to go? Honest to God all I want is to have an Chicago base lol.
You can get ORD relatively quickly on the FO side. CA side it’s still pretty senior, although by the time you’re ready to upgrade that may have changed. The drive to MKE isn’t bad either.
Quote: If I want to have ORD as a base, is Air Wis a good place to go? Honest to God all I want is to have an Chicago base lol.
Can get ORD reserve within a month or two and a line around 6-7 months.

CA reserve is around 2 years and bottom CA line holder is around 5 years.

For now
The last vacancy had line-holders go to ord at the 10-11 month range.i know one that was in that award that was waiting and it took them 11 months to finally get ord as a line holder.
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to