100 in 30/RFO

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
Greetings,
New to 777, trying to make sure I don't get removed from a trip in bidding month to month for 100/30 violation.
My question is w/r/t block hours while RFO and the 100/30 rule...does only 2/3 of the trip block go towards the 100/30 tally?

Thanks in advance!
Many, many years ago, I had some problems with 100/30. I asked the union to ask the company to add a question to the bid. "If you have a 100/30 issue, would you like to default to your next bid choice?" I wanted the question added to the list of questions you answer when you bid. This would save people who might have an entire line dropped during a vacation month, when they needed to burn vacation before the end of the year so they didn't lose it.

This was before the last contract, and I brought it up to the NC, and many others. Nothing changed. I couldn't believe that such a simple solution to a problem faced by many crew members would be rejected.

This ended up being one of the many reasons I voted no.

This could be fixed, and easily, without waiting for the next contract.

All it takes is someone to do the right thing.
Quote: Many, many years ago, I had some problems with 100/30. I asked the union to ask the company to add a question to the bid. "If you have a 100/30 issue, would you like to default to your next bid choice?" I wanted the question added to the list of questions you answer when you bid. This would save people who might have an entire line dropped during a vacation month, when they needed to burn vacation before the end of the year so they didn't lose it.

This was before the last contract, and I brought it up to the NC, and many others. Nothing changed. I couldn't believe that such a simple solution to a problem faced by many crew members would be rejected.

This ended up being one of the many reasons I voted no.

This could be fixed, and easily, without waiting for the next contract.

All it takes is someone to do the right thing.
That was a great idea, but do you have the answer to my question?
If you only ask for 2/3 of the block over pay, then you should be good.

It's all of the tube time no matter which seat you occupy.😣😣
Quote: If you only ask for 2/3 of the block over pay, then you should be good.

It's all of the tube time no matter which seat you occupy.😣😣
Walrus, I apologize, but (1) what do you mean by the first sentence? and (2) so RFO block time trip is treated as 100% block time regardless?
I was being a smart ass. Point is, if you are a required crewmember on the flight, the Faa counts it.
Quote: Greetings,
New to 777, trying to make sure I don't get removed from a trip in bidding month to month for 100/30 violation.
My question is w/r/t block hours while RFO and the 100/30 rule...does only 2/3 of the trip block go towards the 100/30 tally?

Thanks in advance!
Rat,
I’m not sure if this will make a difference in your situation, but a few things to know:
W/r/t the 100 hour limit, the limit is a calendar month, not 30 consecutive days.
The 100 hour limit only applies if you operate on a 2-pilot crew during that month.
As an RFO operating exclusively on augmented crews, your limit is 120 hours in 30 consecutive days.
Quote: That was a great idea, but do you have the answer to my question?
No, I am sorry, I don't.

But if my suggestion were implemented, your question would be moot.
Quote: Rat,
I’m not sure if this will make a difference in your situation, but a few things to know:
W/r/t the 100 hour limit, the limit is a calendar month, not 30 consecutive days.
The 100 hour limit only applies if you operate on a 2-pilot crew during that month.
As an RFO operating exclusively on augmented crews, your limit is 120 hours in 30 consecutive days.
Thanks, that does clear it up, I was wrong in my interpretation. You are correct (Google agrees)! The 30 in 7 is consecutive, but the 100 in 30 is calendar month like you pointed out.
Do need to pay attention when you bid, since our bidmonths straddle calendar months.
the 100 in 30 has bit more than one International flyer.
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to