What hobbies on overnights? Just a fun convo

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 4 of 9
Go to
Immerse self in far/fc!!!!
Hookup aps...
Quote: Does sitting on the bed and staring at the hotel wall count?
Only if you have some company
Quote: Learning a language on overnights is pretty damn far from being bilingual.

I'm quadrilingual and I don't even list it on my resume. It's not important.
No you’re really not. If you actually were, you would never admit that “it’s not important.”

Studying to achieve fluency in a secondary language is identical to earning an additional college degree. It arguably takes more discipline and motivation actually and most HR departments are aware of this. The only difference is you get no “supporting documentation” to prove anything (a piece of paper called a degree). You can though if you become a certified translator.
Quote: If they cared, it would be on the app. I don't recall any airline pilot job apps that asked. I didn't put it on my resume because I was out of room and being a volunteer was obviously more important.
So you have never encountered an application that gave you the opportunity to list any “extracurricular activities” on it? I have very limited experience with aviation apps thus far, but the few that I have encountered all had some section to list fluency in secondary languages. This is a skill that separates one from the crowd and that’s exactly what employers are looking for in this industry. I know this for a fact.
Airline apps has a specific language section on it. So it definitely doesn't go unnoticed.
Quote: No you’re really not. If you actually were, you would never admit that “it’s not important.”

Studying to achieve fluency in a secondary language is identical to earning an additional college degree. It arguably takes more discipline and motivation actually and most HR departments are aware of this. The only difference is you get no “supporting documentation” to prove anything (a piece of paper called a degree). You can though if you become a certified translator.
Yes, I really am. Actual fluency in 4 languages. Not just your "learnt in school" kind.
So you're saying it's like having 3 degrees? I wonder why Delta hasn't called yet.
Union work, returning/answering phone calls and emails, and reading. If I have a later show I like to get out in the mornings and go for at least 2-3 mile walk.
Computer programming. Namely for iOS, and Android. Learning Android right now with Android studio and Kotlin. I like Swift for iOS and MacOS.
meth-making in the hotel coffee pot.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 4 of 9
Go to