Fastest way back to SLC/upgrade?

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote: Monthly awards are coming out today and tomorrow.
Jr SLC Captain award was hired 15 years ago.... as of tomorrow. He was a transition from CRJ Captain to ERJ Captain.
No CRJ captain awards into SLC..... but they're still going through the awards so to quote Lloyd Christmas "you're saying there's a chance"
Jr FO award is an 8/13/2019 hire.... in other words not even done with ERJ sim yet.

Jr Captain award overall was a 8/6/2019 CRJ New hire. Not even done with SIM and awarded DTW CRJ Captain.
Jr ERJ Captain hired 9/2015 to BOI
How much do 15 year captains make at Skywest?? That’s a long time to wait for SLC
Thanks for all the input, gang. So I finally figured it out. The ERJ is the better route for me. Ironically when I emailed my recruiter and told her about the switch my start date is looking like it will be accelerated substantially over the CRJ. Looking forward to getting going!
Quote: To say the least. I was nowhere SLC CA when I left after 10+ years.
for a bit it dropped down to a 3-4 year upgrade in SLC on the CRJ. but i think that ship has sailed for now.

right now the 175 plug is right at 5 years
CRJ is just under 4 years
Newhire ERJ FOs are getting assigned SLC. It will take a while longer as a CRJ FO.

Captain in SLC. LOL. I'm nearing 20 years and am nowwhere near being senior here.
Quote: Newhire ERJ FOs are getting assigned SLC. It will take a while longer as a CRJ FO.

Captain in SLC. LOL. I'm nearing 20 years and am nowwhere near being senior here.
Ya. 20 years gets you biding 60% as a SLC Captain.. Or Top 5% anywhere east of Denver....
Quote: Newhire ERJ FOs are getting assigned SLC. It will take a while longer as a CRJ FO.

Just throwing this out there... but I held a blank line [like composite with SkyW] in LAS six months out of new-hire with Southwest. In a couple years my FO rates will be in excess of what I was making as a SkyW captain. Automatic 15% retirement contribution from the company. Schedule flexibility like you wouldn't believe. Lots of guys have made the jump who had 20+ years with SkyW. If you havhaven'te at least considered the move, I'd highly recommend it. That commute out of SLC to OAK or LAS isn't tough.
Easier said than done... but that’s the dream!
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to