Southern Air Interview Question

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 7
Go to
Southern Air sent a study guide of possible technical subjects to look at for the interview. Most is pretty straight forward but does anyone know what 20-9 airport and 20-9 runway lights mean????? I assume it's an airport ID but I cannot find it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks-T
If you know what a 10-9 is your on your way to a 20-9.
Basically ask yourself this: how do I know how many RVR sensors each run way has? What kind of lighting? Most importantly, where would I go to find this info and much more? If you guessed a 20-9 then congrats. If you guessed turn left and ask the CA, then just know I’m shaking my head in disappointment.

Good luck on the interview. Not that I have a dog in this fight, but just make sure you are doing your homework on carriers.
Thanks for the reply. Done my homework and I'm pretty sure I have a good idea what I'm in for.
Well then, I sincerely wish you the very best and best of luck.
Southern Air Interview Question
Quote: Southern Air sent a study guide of possible technical subjects to look at for the interview. Most is pretty straight forward but does anyone know what 20-9 airport and 20-9 runway lights mean????? I assume it's an airport ID but I cannot find it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks-T

The first digit in a chart index has to do with the amount of airports in a region. The primary airport gets a 1. That makes the airport diagram for the primary airport 10-9. The second airport in the primary airports region gets a 2 for all of its first digits. So it’s airport diagram will be 20-9. Take a look at LGA and JFK. You’ll see all of LGA’s charts (not just taxi) start with a 1. JFK, all 2.

If you’re looking for information about runway lighting that can be found on the -9A.

That being said the other digits have specific meanings as well. Read through the chart legends in the Jeppesen General Airway Manual and you’ll be set!

Good luck on the interview.

-blink

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: Southern Air sent a study guide of possible technical subjects to look at for the interview. Most is pretty straight forward but does anyone know what 20-9 airport and 20-9 runway lights mean????? I assume it's an airport ID but I cannot find it. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks-T
Sad to think that Southern is recruiting pilots that are unaware of the Jepp chart numbering system. The flight deck of a 777 is not the place to be learning this stuff. Should have been done as a CFI or at least in the cockpit of an RJ.

Quote: Thanks for the reply. Done my homework and I'm pretty sure I have a good idea what I'm in for.
If you had really done your homework, you'd be applying to Spirit, Jet Blue, Allegiant, Omni, Kalitta, etc. but NOT Southern or Atlas ...
Quote: Sad to think that Southern is recruiting pilots that are unaware of the Jepp chart numbering system. The flight deck of a 777 is not the place to be learning this stuff. Should have been done as a CFI or at least in the cockpit of an RJ.

If you had really done your homework, you'd be applying to Spirit, Jet Blue, Allegiant, Omni, Kalitta, etc. but NOT Southern or Atlas ...
Atlas would hire people just out of flight school with 250 hrs if they could still do that. This management group has no respect for our profession.
Quote: Atlas would hire people just out of flight school with 250 hrs if they could still do that. This management group has no respect for our profession.
No respect for our lives.
Quote: If you know what a 10-9 is your on your way to a 20-9.
Basically ask yourself this: how do I know how many RVR sensors each run way has? What kind of lighting? Most importantly, where would I go to find this info and much more? If you guessed a 20-9 then congrats. If you guessed turn left and ask the CA, then just know I’m shaking my head in disappointment.

Good luck on the interview. Not that I have a dog in this fight, but just make sure you are doing your homework on carriers.
No, not correct.

The runway data is on the back of the 10-9 airport diagram and is labeled a 10-9a

A 20-9 would be a second airport in the same city... and 20-9a would be the runway data for that airport
Quote: Sad to think that Southern is recruiting pilots that are unaware of the Jepp chart numbering system. The flight deck of a 777 is not the place to be learning this stuff. Should have been done as a CFI or at least in the cockpit of an RJ.

Exactly. Shocking.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 7
Go to