Call to an Earlier Class

Subscribe
Was anyone with a recent class (2019) called for an earlier class?

With the rumors of recent no shows to classes, I'm just wondering about the probability of a call to join an earlier class to fill the slot.

Evidently, if a person bails on a class within two weeks of the class, there is no way for HR to fill the slot, since it takes two weeks to set up payroll, etc.
Quote: Was anyone with a recent class (2019) called for an earlier class?

With the rumors of recent no shows to classes, I'm just wondering about the probability of a call to join an earlier class to fill the slot.

Evidently, if a person bails on a class within two weeks of the class, there is no way for HR to fill the slot, since it takes two weeks to set up payroll, etc.

Yes, a few people in Oct 8 class were originally scheduled for later classes and moved up I hear. No idea how they were selected to move up. There is certainly a chance of getting moved up to an earlier class, absolutely.

I’m not sure of your definition of “no show”, but nobody from the Oct 8 class was an actual “no show”. Everybody that was listed/scheduled to start was there on Day 1 sign in. My definition would be somebody who was signed up to go and never appeared/never respectfully withdrew in advance. Your definition might be somebody who had multiple offers and chose somebody else over AA. I’m sure each Legacy loses to other Legacies at various intervals, so who knows. I doubt if you’re experienced enough to get a call from a Legacy, you’re dumb enough to not withdraw in advance of class officially starting.

Also, payroll is done later/in class so I doubt it would be that preventing a class move up. Lots of mil guys have immediate availability and don’t even require a 2 weeks notice so those guys could literally go into an earlier class at any point. The 2 weeks thing is typically for civilian folks who will respectfully resign from prior jobs, keeping from burning any bridges at previous employers.
When the HR folks emailed me with a couple Indoc class dates for me to choose from, I made it clear in my response that I’d move mountains to make an earlier class if somehow a spot came open. They said “thanks, that’s rare but we will keep you in mind”. About a week out from the class before mine I got a voicemail from them saying a spot opened up, they’d called about 3-5 people, first to respond gets it. I guess I was lucky and was the first to call back.

I asked in Indoc who bailed that allowed me to get in early. They said it wasn’t a new hire, but one of the 5-10 return to work folks coming off long term disability or long term mil leave that fell out. I think most of the supposed “no-shows” fall into that category.
I was originally slated for the 19 November class, but HR called me to find out if I can make the earlier class on 05 November, which in fact I was hoping for.
I have the same story as above. Initially scheduled for 19 Nov, then I received an email asking to do the 5 Nov class.
Quote: I have the same story as above. Initially scheduled for 19 Nov, then I received an email asking to do the 5 Nov class.
When did you receive the email to move up? Are you flowing?
Quote: I have the same story as above. Initially scheduled for 19 Nov, then I received an email asking to do the 5 Nov class.
That's good you can go earlier. I have a couple guys above me who always take the trips I want. An earlier class would have stopped that long ago. You won't regret going early.