Omni Hiring Street Captains

Subscribe
https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2718795&B_ID=44&fid=12&Adid=& SearchScreenID=7622&sst=newtab2-grey&ServerVar=omniairinternational.appone.com
Wow. I didn't realize they were short on CA qualified FOs.

I thought those kinds of issues were limited to the regionals!
Wonder what fleet they are hiring for and if this is due to expansion or lack of applicants for the FO positions? Is this legal to do according to their CBA?

Interesting!
There were a few upgrade failures over the past few months. Omni is pretty strict on being able to see captains able to take a group into some crazy places on their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As they should. Atlas proved this point earlier in the year....read all about it. Not everyone can do this job.
Quote: Wonder what fleet they are hiring for and if this is due to expansion or lack of applicants for the FO positions? Is this legal to do according to their CBA?

Interesting!
The website does not say, but I am betting this is for the 76. We have gained two aircraft within the last two years and have two more coming in 2020 (from an previous fleet size of 9) . The company has gone through the seniority list and have awarded upgrade to all who have their bid in and and meet the company qualifications. A lot of hiring has occurred in the last year and a half (since the new contract) so many of the FO's are new to the plane and/or company and realise that they may need a little more seasoning before moving over to the left seat, so many are bypassing. Training here is no joke and the attrition rate for upgrade is a valid concern. We have verbiage in the contract that will open up lateral moves to all in case of new hire captains, but we haven't heard a word from the company or union on this as of yet.
Why is this in Cargo?
Quote: Wow. I didn't realize they were short on CA qualified FOs.

I thought those kinds of issues were limited to the regionals!
They aren’t. Many are choosing not to upgrade.