2 Aircraft Pilot Pay (135/91)

Subscribe
Looking at making a jump for a new opportunity and seeking some advice.

Smaller flight department; 3 aircraft with 5 pilots.

Position is be flying single pilot in the KingAir 250 91 ops and PIC 135 in a Lear 75. Around 350-400 hrs/year flight time between the 2.

Not sure why the going rate is for a 75 Captain now as well as for flying the King Air. Any advice on salary? Was told to come up with a number and we could discuss.

Located Central Texas.
at least $140K + full benefit package + minimum of 14 hard days off per month. Otherwise, you might as well pursue the majors. I've know two king air guys to go to Alaska and 1 to Jet Blue in the last year. If they want to keep people they need to be competitive with those opportunities, not just with pt91 smaller aircraft.
Quote: at least $140K + full benefit package + minimum of 14 hard days off per month. Otherwise, you might as well pursue the majors. I've know two king air guys to go to Alaska and 1 to Jet Blue in the last year. If they want to keep people they need to be competitive with those opportunities, not just with pt91 smaller aircraft.
Completely agree. To fly those airplanes I would say $140K minimum plus benefits or no dice.... Plenty of other options out there including the regionals.
Quote: at least $140K + full benefit package + minimum of 14 hard days off per month. Otherwise, you might as well pursue the majors. I've know two king air guys to go to Alaska and 1 to Jet Blue in the last year. If they want to keep people they need to be competitive with those opportunities, not just with pt91 smaller aircraft.
14 hard days off, in this type of operation, would be a rare to non-existent perk.
What about salary for just 2 pilots operating 91/135 flying an XLS? 120k?
With 7 hard days off a month..
Quote: Looking at making a jump for a new opportunity and seeking some advice.

Smaller flight department; 3 aircraft with 5 pilots.

Position is be flying single pilot in the KingAir 250 91 ops and PIC 135 in a Lear 75. Around 350-400 hrs/year flight time between the 2.

Not sure why the going rate is for a 75 Captain now as well as for flying the King Air. Any advice on salary? Was told to come up with a number and we could discuss.

Located Central Texas.

If they want you so bad then why do they want you to come up with your salary number? Make the company come to you first with their offer and go from there. All they'll do is find the cheapest guy and offer him the job.

I always remember someone telling me the person that comes to the table with a salary number first usually loses.