Commuter 4 Hotel Nights Policy

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Never requested more than 4 a month. Or 4 a year for that matter. Just a few times for min rest and for long mid day sits. The only people I've heard get in trouble are FAs that live in base and requested hotels for their friends/other FAs.
Quote: Never requested more than 4 a month. Or 4 a year for that matter. Just a few times for min rest and for long mid day sits. The only people I've heard get in trouble are FAs that live in base and requested hotels for their friends/other FAs.
Yeah, that’s obviously a big no-no. But I have heard of people that say they were denied a hotel because they were over four... and they weren’t. So who know what the monitoring actually is or how accurate.
Heard the too, ends up being crew sked was putting the miconnect hotels and commuter hotels in the same bucket. Make sure you select the correct request option and save the response.
Quote:
Newly trained NY pilots (NYC base in class) also get 3 months of unlimited hotels although the company has been illegally denying them sometimes.
Is this written somewhere? Perhaps in the contract? Is it 3 months from DOH or after IOE? Do they give new hires positive space for the first 3 months of commuting?

Thanks in advance.
Quote: Is this written somewhere? Perhaps in the contract? Is it 3 months from DOH or after IOE? Do they give new hires positive space for the first 3 months of commuting?

Thanks in advance.
It’s in the contract as one of the LOA’s.

The union also has written a wiki page based on the contract which is much much easier to navigate
Quote: Is this written somewhere? Perhaps in the contract? Is it 3 months from DOH or after IOE? Do they give new hires positive space for the first 3 months of commuting?

Thanks in advance.
https://enycba.alpa.org/index.php?title=Letter_18-02 That’s where it’s written. The first three contractual months after the completion of IOE you’ll be given the A12’s and in domicile hotels for days which touch your sequences. You can’t camp out in LGA on your days off and make it a second home. The tickets are A12, not positive space unless there is open inventory and you’re able to snag a seat so the sooner you get them booked the more likely you are to get a seat and not have to be on standby.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to