Reserve Abus and Boeing in LAX

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
I am curious what its like on reserve in LAX. Do you get the minimum call of 2 hours? Assigned much earlier? Percentages? Etc....
Also, how many hours are you flying per month? Days off at home if you can sit at home on reserve?

Thanks

HappyD
Depends, Short Call or Long Call. Short call is 2 hour call, Long is 12.5 hours. Short call has different time zones like 0300/0900/1300/1700. Long call you are placed into rest upon assignment. Where is home? Reserve utilization changes month to month so it’s hard to answer that. There are five monthly periods off 120hrs, 72hrs, and two 48hrs.
Flew with a LAX 320 FO who was hired early July 2019 that had a regular line for this month, December.
I note the title says “Abus”. I believe one letter was left off. Did you mean to spell “Airbus” or “Abuse”?
Quote: Flew with a LAX 320 FO who was hired early July 2019 that had a regular line for this month, December.
Not even close, 2 years and awarded the last open flying line. Most likely back on reserve in January.
If you live in base it’s not bad 79 hour guarantee for 2 hour short call and 75 for long call. Very rarely get 2 hour call outs, most often assigned the night prior. I work on average 6 days a month on short call and unusual months are 15 days max. You can pick up if you want to around 95 hours. Those who commute get abused for some reason and work way more than I do.
Quote: Not even close, 2 years and awarded the last open flying line. Most likely back on reserve in January.
Oops, yes he said it was an OF line.
Quote: Oops, yes he said it was an OF line.
Quote: If you live in base it’s not bad 79 hour guarantee for 2 hour short call and 75 for long call. Very rarely get 2 hour call outs, most often assigned the night prior. I work on average 6 days a month on short call and unusual months are 15 days max. You can pick up if you want to around 95 hours. Those who commute get abused for some reason and work way more than I do.
Reserves can pick up more than 95. It’s a pay only thing. You can pick up as much as you can get away with as long as you still have rest before/after reserve block days.
Not sure why, lax 73 fo reserves getting beat up this month. Premium several times a day multiple days already

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Quote: Not sure why, lax 73 fo reserves getting beat up this month. Premium several times a day multiple days already

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Because there aren’t any available this month. Have you seen the list?
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to