19-06 is out

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
That is all!
Nothing else on that? 🤣
Quote: Nothing else on that? 🤣
Just the joy of knowing a two leg commute likely remains a two leg commute...
60 CA vacancies in all bases. I predict junior CA award will be a February or March 2017 hire.
Quote: 60 CA vacancies in all bases. I predict junior CA award will be a February or March 2017 hire.
3 year CA upgrade.. wooo
Quote: 3 year CA upgrade.. wooo
Forest through the trees, my friend.
Quote: 3 year CA upgrade.. wooo
Currently, the most junior Captain is an April 2018 hire.
Quote: Currently, the most junior Captain is an April 2018 hire.
Yeah, but they upgraded when we were practically hiring street captains. Those days are gone for now.

The junior upgrade this time will probably be a late January or early February 2017 hire. It'll be three years by the time they hit class.

There are quite a few 3-4 year MSP FOs who could upgrade if they want this time around, though. That could push things down a bit if they don't.
Quote: Yeah, but they upgraded when we were practically hiring street captains. Those days are gone for now.

The junior upgrade this time will probably be a late January or early February 2017 hire. It'll be three years by the time they hit class.

There are quite a few 3-4 year MSP FOs who could upgrade if they want this time around, though. That could push things down a bit if they don't.
If I were a 4 year MSP FO, there's a reason I'm not upgrading...which I'm not. I'm one of those guys who upgraded within 12 months of being hired, but that was because I had plenty of 121 time coming in.

As marketers say "results may vary"...but don't be surprised if upgrade time drops to 15-18 months by this time next year.

Keep your eyes forward, not behind!
Quote: If I were a 4 year MSP FO, there's a reason I'm not upgrading...which I'm not. I'm one of those guys who upgraded within 12 months of being hired, but that was because I had plenty of 121 time coming in.

As marketers say "results may vary"...but don't be surprised if upgrade time drops to 15-18 months by this time next year.

Keep your eyes forward, not behind!
For 18-month upgrades a year from now, 550 people need to move. Assuming we still have 90 captain seats to fill for 15 planes coming on the line, that requires attrition of 35-40 from above per month every month between now and then.

I'm not saying that isn't doable, but that is a tall order at the moment.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to